Chapter 8

After having a quick lunch of ham and turkey breast sandwiches with pretzels, Abram managed to get everyone into his office. Trigg refused to be left alone in the apartment now that he knew Elder Jayvon-Jair was there. He still hasn't told Abram why he and Rigg are so terrified of the Elder.

Trigg and Rigg haven't left each other's sides, and Trigg tried to be sneaky about staying close to Abram, but Abram noticed. Abram didn't say anything about Trigg's close proximity though, he rather liked the fact that, whether self-consciously or not, Trigg believes Abram can protect him and his brother.

Abram sits in his leather chair with Trigg and Rigg both sharing a recliner next to him that Abram dragged across the room. He wants Trigg close to him, especially with the way the boys are acting towards the Elder. Jonah and Winter both sit across from Abram in their own plush chairs.

Abram has the manila folder he took to the last meeting, it was just information on the first gay Alphas just in case the Elders denied the truth, so he stashes the folder in a filing cabinet behind his desk before pulling out another folder. This folder contains other information that he found in his early morning search.

"What's that?" Jonah asks as he leans forward so his elbows rest on his knees and his chin on his clasped hands.

"This," Abram says as he opens the folder and spreads out the documents and even a few pictures for them all to see. "Is research I found on the August Williams case,"

"When did you have time to research?" Jonah asks in disbelief.

"It doesn't matter when I found it all, what matters is that I found something interesting," He says as he sifts through the pictures for one in particular. "See anything interesting in this?" He asks as he hands it to Jonah.

Jonah looks the photo over. It is a picture of the house that the Williams owned while it burned and firefighters tried to put out the fire. Abram made sure to print out the picture in color so you could spot every little detail.

Jonah tilts his head to the side. "I just see a house on fire and firefighters,"

"Look at the sky, Jonah," Abram says.

"It's night,"

"And?"

He stares at the photo for a second more before his eyes widen. "A full moon," He concludes.

"Right," Abram says as he hands him a new photo to look at. "Look in the right-hand corner. Look closely,"

Winter looks over Jonah's shoulder as she inspects the picture as well. She only looks for a few seconds before she gasps and covers her mouth with a hand.

"Where did you get these?" She asks as she looks back up at Abram.

"Some were from the daily newspaper, others from reporters, I even managed to get my hands on a few random ones from Facebook," Abram informs. "A lot of people decided it was okay to post some poor families burning house onto social media," He says as he shakes his head.

"Okay, what am I looking for?" Jonah asks irritated now. "I told you, Abram, I suck at mysteries,"

Abram smirks. "Do you recognize someone?"

"All I see are trees in the right-hand corner, Abram," He grumbles.

"Look harder. Look through the trees,"

"Look through the trees? Are you kidding me? This is a picture, Abram,"

Abram rolls his eyes before he gets up and walks to a built in tall cupboard. He opens one of the doors and pulls out a magnifying glass. Then he shuts the cupboard again and sits back down, sliding the magnifying glass to Jonah who glares at it.