Chapter 13

**Above is the handsome Trigg (Manu Rios). **

**A/N: Since I got such good responses for "Jonah, anyone??" I am posting chapter 13 today. Thank you everyone who commented on which cover you liked best. I will count all of them up and figure out which has the most votes. YOU CAN STILL GO BACK AND VOTE IF YOU HAVEN'T YET! The more votes the better. :) **

A new Rogue lunges for me. I see red and lunge head on. We headbutt each other until his paw comes around to claw down my belly. I let out a howl of pain before I manage to catch him around the throat. He kicks at me and slices open anywhere his claws manage to get to, but I hold on tight, tightening my teeth around his throat. It takes a good two minutes before I manage to actually bite into his windpipe, instantly killing him. I drop his carcass to the ground and look up just as a Rogue rips my mother's head off.

Blood splatters against my face as I stare at my mother's head that drops to my feet. My head feels woozy and just before I hit the ground I see the Rogue smile a toothy grin at me. A necklace dangles from around his throat with a silver sun. What kind of Rogue wears a necklace?

I look to my left to spot the Rogue I just killed. He too has a silver sun necklace wrapped around his now broken neck.

The forest tilts and I suddenly feel sick until everything disappears. I clamp my eyes shut tightly until I feel the world stop spinning. It takes me a good minute until I work up the courage to actually open my eyes again.

When I pry my eyes open I gasp. Everything around me is so bright. I'm in the forest but it's not my forest in Minnesota. This forest is bright with flourishing colorful plants. Plants I have never seen before. The sky looks fake from how blue it is, without a cloud in sight. What has me confused though is that there is no sun here. Only the full moon. The moon is as bright as the sun would be though. How is that possible?

Animals scamper around, not even caring that a wolf is around. I look down at my paws just to make sure that I am still shifted. The blood from the fight is gone, my sprained or broken front paw is fixed, only black fur shows on my newly healed and cleaned paws. I look back up to find a deer grazing just a foot away from me. A white rabbit hops right in front of me, not even glancing my way. A red fox rolls on its back in a patch of pink and orange flowers maybe two feet away.

What is going on here?

Suddenly the fox stops rolling in the flowers and jumps to his feet. The white rabbit stops hopping to look to its left. The grazing deer lifts its head to look where the rabbit and fox look. I follow their gaze and jump back as a woman is suddenly there. She was not there a moment ago.

The three animals quickly move towards the woman like she is the most important person in the world. Something tells me she is though.

The woman looks like she shimmers. Her body ripples like water would when you throw a rock in it. Her hair is long and almost touches the forest ground, it is a mix between pure white and silver. Her outfit consists of a white and silver gown that trails behind her. Her eyes are a milky blue but every time I blink they change. They seem to be every color imaginable, never staying one color for long.

"Hello, dear child of mine," The woman says. Her soft voice sounds like the most beautiful song I have ever heard. I whimper from how beautiful it is. So beautiful it almost hurts my ears. "Come to me, child," She lifts one of her arms out in a gesture for me to come.

I gulp and take a step forward slowly before I practically run to her. More animals show up to lay around her. The woman pets the animals until I reach her. She smiles a breathtaking smile before she sets her hand on my own head to pet it. I shiver from the feel of her hand touching me. What is going on?