Chapter 9

**A/N: Good luck with this one. It is up and down. Touchy feely. Depressing. I smiled a lot at the memory but then it made me sad because of how happy it was and then it all went to shit with the depressing talk... then it sort of got happy again....? **

**A/N: Also, if it says 'star' could you comment because it is supposed to be 'sun'. I kept mixing it up. :) Thank you. **

"Shit," Dad hisses. "Stay in that tree, I'm calling for-," He doesn't get to finish as a Rogue jumps out from behind the thick trees and lunges for him.

I whimper as I move higher up in the tree. I didn't see that Rogue. I should have seen him from my advantage point and warned dad! The sound of the fight reaches my ears even from how high up I am. I ignore my flipping stomach and pounding head and heart as I watch the fight going on below me. The sound of growls, snapping teeth, and whimpers reach my ears.

Dad and Beta Jericho fight hard but there are just too many Rogues. I originally thought there were only seven Rogues, but three more appeared out of nowhere. Dad and Jericho are outnumbered!

The fight doesn't last long as the Rogues all tackle dad and Beta Jericho down. A painfilled howl echoes through the afternoon air and reaches my ears. It feels like a train ran right through my chest and crashed into my heart. The pain of that howl sends shivers down my spine.

"I love you," Is the last thing I hear my dad say. I know he opened the link to my mother as well, I can just feel it. More shivers run down my spine.

The Rogues quickly move out, leaving a bloody mess and two corpses behind. I gag as I see the horrifying scene below me. Blood coats the grass and mothy ground. I almost throw up my lunch as I spot the body parts laying around. Beta Jericho is missing a back leg, while dad is missing his front. Both of them are bloody with their necks pulled apart viciously.

A horrified scream fills the air and it takes me a good moment to realize it came from my own mouth. I clamp a hand over my mouth for only a second before I shift right in the tree, my nails digging into the bark of the tree to keep me balanced and in the tree. Then a howl leaves my mouth as I fling my head back, my muzzle pointed straight in the air.

My lungs burn from how hard I push the howl out. I have only howled a few times at celebrations, but never before have I pushed myself to howl like this. This is a cry for help howl. A painfilled howl. A howl signifying that something terrible has happened.

My howl only stops for a moment as more howls drift through the still air. The howls of my pack. They are answering my cry for help. I fling my head back again and let out another howl, and another, and another. All of them long and filled with pain.

****555****

Abram sits up abruptly, the thin blanket falling from his chest to pool around his waist. Sweat drips off his body like he had just finished a very intense work out. He takes a deep breath to try and calm his fast beating heart but that only seems to make it go faster. He runs his fingers through his hair, tugging on the ends roughly, before repeating the whole process.

Then Abram throws the blanket off himself, it bunches on the floor but Abram couldn't care less at this moment. The room is dark save for the small light on above the stove that filters into the living room that Abram was currently asleep on one of the leather couches. Abram shakes his head with a whimper as he stands up and walks down the hall towards his office, only he stops short at a locked door.