chapter 22*

Harry POV

I walk in after Louis and see him take a seat at the table. Gemma and Robin sit next to him so I have to sit across from him. Oh Lord.

I grab my chair and slide it back and sit down while looking at Louis.

My mum takes a seat next to me and my aunt and uncle take a seat also.

"Alright dig in everyone" my aunt says

I grab only one piece of ham, potatoes, and corn. I'm not hungry, I have too much nerves.

"So Louis what do you do for a living?" my mum asked

I sigh here goes the questions.

"Uh. Well I'm still in school, my last year actually."

"Oh" she says it was like she is judging him. "What do you plan to do after high school then?"

"I have a footy scholarship for Manchester actually. So I would I will be going there next year."

"Footy. Are you any good? Doesn't seem like a solid carrier"

"Mum!" I hiss at her.

"C'mon Harry. You need a man who would support you and your family."

"Mum I am only 18"

I give her a glare but she just continues to smile. Everyone around the table stays quiet.

"Does he know harry?" she asks

"Know what?" I hear Louis ask

"No" I say firmly "Now drop it"

It is firm but also a plead in it. I look at her and pray that she doesn't say anything.

"Wait. What don't I know?" Louis asks "Harry?"

I turn to Louis. "It's nothing. Nothing important" I say with desperation in my voice.

"Not important" I hear my mum scoff "How can it be nothing Harry? It is you. Now just stop playing this game and come home. You did your experiment-"

"Experiment? Harry what is she talking about?"

"Please you know." My mum says

The whole table is quiet with no one is eating. My heart is pumping faster and my palms are sweating.

My mum looks at me and back at Louis. "Wait you didn't tell him?" she says to me.

I take a deep breath while the silence in the room is deafening.

"No" I say finally

I looked away down and swallow the lump in my throat.

"What is it?" Louis says firmly "Harry?"

I close my eyes and I open my mouth to say it but someone beats me to it.

"Harry here wanted to be normal I don't know why he would want to though. He has everything anybody would want. He is smart, great carrier, and money. Everything what a person needs in their life. But he just wanted to be rebellious and do things his way. So I let him do his little experiment."

"He came here as soon as he turned 18 and enrolled himself into school. I don't know why he would like to go back. He already graduated when he was 13 (I don't remember how old I put). So he came here and didn't contact us at all and then we find out by Gem that he has a boyfriend and is... normal. Just a regular boy from Doncaster and nothing special. A middle class family by the looks of it. "

"So yes an experiment to be a normal kid. How did you put it Harry. A normal teenager. Well you did that now let's go ho-"

"Wait! Wait what?" Louis says.

I look up at him and he stares back at me with a confused and hurt look.

"Harry what is she talking about?"

"I was going to tell you. Soon I was but it all changed when they arrived."

I said to him. I felt something inside me. The look in his eyes showed that I hurt him. I never wanted to do that.

"So you're a genius and rich. I was just an experiment?" at the end his voice breaks.

"No. Well sort of. Not the relationship that was real" I say quickly.

"So I was. Was everyone else a part of it to"

I close my eyes.

"You don't understand" I say while I stand up "I didn't want anyone to know"

I plead with him.

"You used me just to see what a real teenager felt like"

"I know I did but that was in the beg-"

"You lied to me" he said quietly

I swallow at the look on his face. In his eyes I don't see any light in them. They are darker now. I could see water forming on his eyes and he is blinking quickly trying to rid them.

"I'm sorry" I say

Louis stands up and drops his napkin as he looks at my aunt.

"Thank you for dinner but I think I should go" I hear his voice tremble.

He leaves the room and I fallow him.

"Louis! Please!"

I grip his arm and spin him around. My heart is pounding. I can't let him leave. No I cannot lose him. Not now that I am too deep.

He rips his arm out of my grip and I see a tear slide down his cheek.

"No!" his voice cracks "Just leave me alone"

"Please I'm sorry I lied I know I did but I was going to tell you"

"Did you not trust me?" he asks quietly

I don't respond. I don't know why I can't. I do trust him with everything. But a part of me a small part of me doesn't.

I hear a quiet sob come out of him and I feel a dam break inside me. I feel a feeling I never felt before.

Sadness.

Dread.

Guilt

"I knew it was too good to be true" he says before opening the door and walks into the night air.

I finally find my voice.

"Louis" I whisper

He gets in his car and drives off.

"I love you" I hear my voice tremble with a crack at the end. I grip the wall beside me as I do something I haven't done since I was a child.

I cried.

It first came out as a tear then more came down. I feel like I have just been hit by a super nova and I am ripped into a billion shreds.

My breathing increases with my sobs and I can't breathe. My vision goes blurry.

A sob racks through my body before I know it. I fall to the ground and black out.

-------------------

I know it's short sorry.

I have been busy.

updates will be slow and maybe short depends how long I have to update.

tell me what you think

thanks for reading

vote

fan

comment:)