chapter 24*

Louis POV

I walk into my room from a late night practice. It has been an official two weeks from the incident. Harry hasn’t tried to call me all day and I’m worried that he has given up now.

Worried?

Why would I be worried? I should be glad.

But I’m not. I sigh as I dump my bag on the floor and kick off my shoes. I turn on my lamp and fall onto my bed.

I sigh into my pillow and cuddle into it.

“You wouldn’t have understood if I told you”

I shriek and almost fall off my bed because of how high I jumped.

I look at the person standing by my window looking outside of it. His back is tense waiting for my reply and I see how his posture is sad and tired looking.

“Harry” I squeak. I clear my throat “What are you doing...here?”

He didn’t turn around.

“I came to explain myself”

My heart is hammering inside my chest. I sit back onto the bed but keep my eyes on his back.

“Why weren’t you at school?”

He laughs.

I feel a pang go through my chest at the unfamiliar sound now.

He turns around and I gasp at the sight of him.

He has dark purple bags under his eyes. His eyes no longer have light in them like they used to. His hair isn’t as curly and bouncy as before and he is even more pale.

“I come here to explain myself and you ask me that?”

I bite my lip and I nod.

“I was at home. Going through the fazes of heartbreak, depression, and self-loathing all at once”

I flinch at his bluntness.

“Oh”

He stays at the spot where he is standing.

“So are you going to explain or you can just leave?”

He sighs and takes a deep breath.

“I don’t know where to begin actually”

“How about from the beginning”

He bites his lip.

“Okay” he looks at me with his sad eyes and begins.

“I was born a genius and my family and I didn’t find out until I was about 1. They saw I was doing things on my own and how I could figure out things. So I was tested and it turned out I was really smart for a one year old.”

“I went to school and pasted them in a breeze like breathing air. I was bullied constantly because they were jealous. I knew they were jealous. I graduated high school at 13 years old and went straight into University. I went to Harvard first on a full ride. I thought I was on top of the world.”

“I was receiving awards and certificates telling me how smart I am. I am considered the youngest doctor to graduate from medical school. I have a degree in law and any science out there. I really like science just saying. So I got tons of money for helping scientists and being a doctor. I loved it.”

“Me and my family were well off before but with the added money from me we could last a life time on it.  But when I turned 17 everything changed. I didn’t care about the fame the money that came with the job. I hated how people pretend to be your friends because they want to be seen with me. But not me as in harry no they wanted to be seen with The Harry Styles child genius.”