NINE

CHAPTER 9 | NOT OUR HOUSE

HODOR held up Bran's new saddle in front of the Greyjoy siblings, smiling proudly at the gift

HODOR held up Bran's new saddle in front of the Greyjoy siblings, smiling proudly at the gift. As soon as Bran saw it, he immediately wanted to go out for a ride. Robb almost dismissed it, afraid for his brother's sake, but Theon soon convinced him otherwise.

They rode to the outskirts of Winterfell to let Bran go freely through the woods. He sat on his new saddle, allowing his horse, Dancer, to ride fast through the trees. He challenged Freya to a race to see who could run faster, and sometimes she would chase after his horse. She got tired after a while, and took to standing right by his riding path and screaming with him in joy. Bran truly was entertaining.

She didn't pay much mind to her brother and Robb Stark sitting on a lone tree trunk, not that she cared anyways. She began trotting beside the horse again, singing a song with Bran. Robb looked at Theon beside him, sighing, "I've never seen your sister relax once. She's so energetic that it's caused her to not know when to shut up."

Theon chuckled. "Maybe she's so energetic because she's planning your murder."

"Probably," Robb nodded, turning to see Freya Greyjoy clapping in front of them for his brother. "Not too fast," he cautioned Bran's horse.

Freya cheered on Bran as he soared through the trees on Dancer. It was amazing to see the happiness on his face. After a few moments of silence between her brother and Robb, she heard Theon ask, "When are you gonna tell him?"

"Not now," she heard Robb mutter.

That certainly peaked her interest. She spun on her heel, walking towards the two friends. She put her hands on her hips with a smirk. "Do I hear talk of fighting, boys?"

"Blood for blood. Right, sister?" Theon asked, without giving Freya any context. She understood what he meant, though, and nodded her head quickly. He turned back to Robb. "You need to make the Lannisters pay for Jory and the others."

Robb frowned. "You're talking about war."

"What's the matter with war?" Freya sneered. "There is always an end result. It provides a solution. Like my brother said, blood for blood."

"I'm talking about justice," Theon corrected, playing with the bow he swung on his shoulder.

Robb looked out at the trees, realizing the Greyjoy siblings might be correct. He marveled at the beauty of the summery forest around a place such as Winterfell. "Only the Lord of Winterfell can call in the bannermen and raise an army."

"Well? You're the ..." Freya shuddered. "... Lord of Winterfell. Why don't you?"

He looked up at her with narrowed eyes. Bran could be heard screaming happily in the background. "Are you finally accepting my status as of lately?"