EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER 18 | LITTER THE SOUTH

THEY now called him the Young Wolf

Robb Stark had a variety of names, but Freya Greyjoy still called him by his last. They rarely ever spoke since their last argument, but they decided to remain civil. Robb did end up apologizing for his behavior and granted Freya the title of his co-leader, beside her brother and Lady Catelyn. Freya, of course, accepted, but still didn't have the heart to forgive him for his words he said to her before. Selene said she was acting childish, but Freya thought otherwise. Truthfully, they had both been acting pretty childish before.

"Forgiveness is your best option, m'lady," Selene had said while brushing her hair. "Holding this grudge against Lord Stark will only further separate you two, when you need to be brought closer. You are both leaders now."

Freya didn't exactly want to hear those words, so she didn't listen. They currently formed a large encampment near the Westerlands. When being told that Robb would be visiting Jaime Lannister's make-shift cell, she purposely tagged along, despite his detest. Theon had suggested it anyways, to ensure their joined houses partnership was known. Lady Catelyn didn't give much say in the matter. Freya began to notice Catelyn ignoring her at certain moments, leaving her confused as to whether Lady Stark truly liked her.

Freya stalked beside Robb through the camp. A Stark banner man opened Jaime's cell for them, allowing them inside. Jaime's hands were strapped against the cell, while dirt was scuffed around his face and hair. A thick beard grew around the edges of his chin. He clearly hadn't slept in days, but Freya couldn't blame him. "King in the North, Lady Greyjoy," he sighed heavily, looking upward. "I keep expecting you to leave me in one castle or another for safekeeping, but you drag me along from camp to camp."

Robb only glowered at him.

"Have you grown fond of me, Stark? Is that it?" Jaime insisted. "I've never seen you with a girl. Well, other than Lady Freya, but I'd hardly classify her as female."

Robb lofted a brow. "If I left you with one of my banner men, your father would know within a fortnight and my banner man would receive a raven with a message: 'Release my son and you'll be rich beyond your dreams. Refuse and your house will be destroyed, root and stem.'"

"You don't trust the loyalty of the men following you into battle?"

"Oh, I trust them with my life, just not with yours."

Freya looked in between the two males, growing wary at their words, but they dare not frighten her. Not even Jaime's insult was enough to hurt her.

"Smart boy," Jaime said, and then paused. "What's wrong? Don't like being called, 'boy?' Insulted?""

Freya lifted her head. "You're a prisoner, Ser Jaime. Our prisoner." She smirked. "Best not forget that."

Suddenly, a growl sounded from behind them. Paws thumped into the dirt around Jaime's cage, drawing near. His eyes widened with worry at the sound. "You insult yourself, Kingslayer." Robb said as his direwolf, Grey Wind, appeared in between him and Freya. "You've been defeated by a boy. You're held captive by a boy. Perhaps you'll be killed by a boy."