TWENTY FOUR

CHAPTER 24 | NEVER TRUST A GREYJOY

ROBB and Freya marched through their camp together, hand in hand and as one

ROBB and Freya marched through their camp together, hand in hand and as one. Both strode in their battle armor, nodding to each of the banner men that addressed them as, "Your Grace." Freya was still getting used to the name. She hadn't heard it in the long time; not since she lived at Pyke, and that was only on occasion. When she was a ward at Winterfell, the name had thus stopped, but now it was as if she'd been reborn.

Robb shook hands with his men, as his guards followed behind them. Freya also requested that Selene follow their lead as they walked. She wanted her with her at all times. Robb smiled to the men in his army, and Freya graciously thanked them for their cause. One of the banner men had said, she was "the greatest Queen to have ever walked," and it had only been a few days since the wedding. She must have been doing something right, but she wondered what.

She and Robb were now husband and wife, but they did not dare touch each other. She shed away from him during the dark hours of the night, even though they now shared a tent. They never kissed, but it wasn't like they wanted to anyways. They were civil, though, and most did not believe that this marriage was for love, so they did not feel the need to glorify it.

Robb picked up one of his guards' helmets and handed it back to him with a smile. This new Robb was odd, but it was something new to her and she appreciated the change. He stopped their walking to stare at a woman ahead, who sat with a quill and piece of parchment in her lap. Robb's hand slowly slipped away from Freya's, and he began to walk faster than her. "Lady Talisa," he greeted, and Freya instantly recognized the female healer from the Battle of Oxcross.

Talisa looked over her shoulder. "Your Grace," she nodded her head before looking to Freya, "and Your Grace. I'm not sure if I'm a Lady. Westerosi customs are still a bit foreign to me."

Freya patted her handmaiden, requesting that she retreat back to her tent for proper rest. She then smiled towards the healer, but Robb flattered her statement, "It's hard to keep all the rules straight. But if I remember my lessons, a woman of noble birth is always called a Lady, unless she's a Queen or a Princess. I could find someone who knows."

Freya glanced at Robb in a skeptical manner. He was staring at this woman like she was a gift from the Gods. She blew out a sigh and looked away. How many women did he expect to marry?

"Why are you so sure I am of noble birth?"

Robb laughed. "Because it's obvious."

Freya viewed at him with a brow raised. "Are you that much of a git?"

Her statement caused Talisa to chuckle as she stood from her spot. "What if I told you my father sold lace on the long bridge and my mother, my brother, and I lived with him above our shop?"

"I'd call you a liar," Robb replied, clearly having not listened to his wife's words.

"Not very noble to accuse a lady of dishonesty," Talisa muttered with a grin. "I always thought I was a brilliant liar."