TEN

CHAPTER 10 | MY LORD

"WHERE had you gone off to earlier?"

Freya's question stirred Theon out of his trance. They were striding through the halls of Winterfell, planning to visit Bran that evening. Theon had just rode back from outside Winterfell's walls, where he had a special meeting with a long-lost friend. He was going to miss Ros, and truthfully, he was sad to see her go. At least he had Selene to fuck.

"I was saying goodbye to an old friend," he finally responded.

Freya smirked. "I know you went to see Ros," she chuckled, earning a look of shock from Theon. "I'm no idiot, brother. News travels fast around these walls, especially when all the men are groaning about how their favorite Northern whore is leaving for King's Landing."

Theon was going to reply, but as they began to pass through the great hall, they noticed a figure on the floor. The Wildling woman from before – Osha was her name – gathered straw from the ground and began to sort through it. Robb had made the decision to keep her alive and was now keeping her as a servant.

Freya tried to pull her brother away as he stepped in back of Osha, and she knew he was trying to cause trouble. She couldn't manage to move him as he said aloud, "You're a very lucky girl. Do you know that?"

Osha looked over her shoulder at the Greyjoy siblings and slowly nodded.

"Where we come from, we don't show mercy to criminals." Theon continued. "Where we come from, if someone like you attacked a little lord – what would we do, sister?"

He was looking at her jokingly, knowing that she was not for playing his game. Freya replied in a bored tone, "At low tide they'd lay you on your back on the beach, your hands and feet chained to four stakes. The sea would come in closer and closer. You'd see death creeping toward you a few inches at a time. Truly, terrifying really."

Osha wiped at her nose. "Where is it you two come from?"

"The Iron Islands," Freya answered.

"They far away?"

Theon scoffed. "You've never heard of the Iron Islands?"

"Trust me, you've never heard where I'm from neither."

Freya laughed. "That's probably very true." Osha had looked over again and sent Freya a smile.

"Trust me, my Lord." Theon challenged, walking forward. Freya raised a brow. "You're not living in the wilderness anymore. In civilized lands, you refer to your betters by their proper titles."

Freya frowned. "Theon –"

"And what's that?" Osha questioned.

"Lord," Theon gestured to Freya, "and my sister here is addressed as my Lady."