AUTHOR'S NOTE

TO THE READERS OF HOWLING

Thank you all so much for reading this story

Thank you all so much for reading this story. Just you reading alone means the world to me. I always loved reading your comments and seeing your votes. Not only was it a pleasure to write this story for you, but it was a pleasure to see your reactions to it.

This whole story was a journey in itself. I never thought I'd write more than one Game of Thrones fanfic, let alone three, that are all connected, might I add. Now, I gotta be real, when I first started the show at 16, I didn't like Robb. I just wasn't a fan of his character. And I don't know if it's now the grown up in me, but when I rewatched the series last year, I really began to appreciate Robb's character and his arc. He was never one-dimensional, and while I didn't like the way they took his arc in Season 2, I simply loved his character overall. He was cocky, but charismatic, and c'mon - Richard Madden is quite the looker 👀

I think it's no secret that I was never a fan of Talisa, and for a long time, I thought I was the only one. You don't realize how much of a shock it was to find out so many other people disliked her character too lol. It wasn't just that D&D diverted from the book storyline, it was that I didn't think Talisa had much development and was pretty boring. She wasn't someone I, personally, saw Robb being with. And thus, Freya Greyjoy was born.

I didn't expect to grow attached to this story and these characters, but that's obviously bound to happen to authors and the stories they write. Writing a slow burn was difficult, but I'm so happy with the outcome. I believe Freya and Robb really did develop together. They grew up together as children and matured as adults to eventually fall in love. I know it's a common trope in Robb Stark fanfics to have arranged marriages, and while I always roll my eyes at over-used storylines, I thought that part was necessary to their arcs to help their mature. I hope I did not disappoint you!

I'm so happy that many of you liked this story, because on the day before the last chapter was to come out, Howling hit 100k reads! This story also won for Best Robb Stark Fanfic in a GOT fanfic awards! And again, thank you everyone for reading this story and following Freya on her journey.

NOTE: Just because Robb is dead does not mean Freya will somehow be getting with Jon Snow now. Freya is a very devoted person, and she will stay devoted to Robb, even after his death. She will always love only him. Also, just because Jon is proclaimed King in the North in the Season 6 finale, and Freya is called "Queen in the North," does not mean they are getting together either. Technically, Freya is not Queen in the North anymore, because she lost all her followers. The only people who still title her as Queen in the North are the Brotherhood Without Banners, no one else. Lastly, though Freya will be appearing in Stranger: Book III, does not also mean she is getting with Jon. All of my stories are connected and they all exist in the same universe. Please, stop pushing romance on this character. Freya will always be devoted to Robb and only Robb.

Hope to see you all for Freya's soon-to-be appearance in Stranger: Book III, coming July 31st.

🐺🦑