ELEVEN

CHAPTER 11 | BLOODY TOUGH

FREYA swirled the porridge around in her bowl and thanked the servant who set it in front of her

FREYA swirled the porridge around in her bowl and thanked the servant who set it in front of her. Theon and her had planned to quickly break their fast before venturing off into the outskirts of Winterfell. Freya hadn't left the bloody castle for weeks, and she urged her brother come with her.

She glanced to the side, seeing Selene wait in the corner for them to finish. Freya wanted her handmaiden to sit with them and eat, but it was considered improper. She had done it other times, but Selene was always escorted out by other handmaidens.

Robb had walked over to the table as well, rubbing at his eyes and getting a bowl of porridge for himself. They still weren't exactly on good terms, but when would they ever be. At least they could have a simple conversation now, although most of them always turned into an argument on both parts.

Maester Luwin arrived moments later, holding a small scroll in his hands. The three looked up at his presence when he stood in front of their table in the great hall. "Lord Stark," the maester called, "you have a letter from your sister."

Robb stood from his spot, causing Freya and Theon's eyes to lift upward. He took the scroll from the maester and unraveled it. Robb's fingers smoothed out the surface of the paper, and his irises skimmed the words quickly. Freya noticed that he was reading it over a couple times.

Robb muttered, "Treason?" He looked at Maester Luwin. "Sansa wrote this?"

"It is your sister's hand," Luwin said, "but the Queen's words."

Freya looked at each male in the room, before glancing to Selene in the corner. "What's the matter?"

Luwin cleared his throat. "Robb is summoned to King's Landing to swear fealty to the new King."

"New King?" Freya dropped her spoon. "What – am I always going to be left in the dark? King Robert –"

"– Has died," the maester finished. "Joffrey Baratheon has taken over his role."

Freya felt a sudden swell of relief at the death of Robert Baratheon. Her hatred towards him for so many years was now set to rest, but then she remembered the little rat that was Joffrey. She feared he'd be an even worse King.

Robb furrowed his brow. "Joffrey puts my father in chains, and now he wants his ass kissed?"

"This is a royal command, my Lord." Luwin replied. "If you should refuse to obey –"

"I won't refuse."

Theon and Freya watched on with confused expressions. The Greyjoy girl leaned back in her chair.

"His Grace summons me to King's Landing, I'll go to King's Landing – but not alone." Robb handed the scroll back to Luwin and ordered, "Call the banners."