Prologue

Colors of red and black filled my vision. It dances in front of me almost mockingly. It then twirls around spinning like there’s no tomorrow. I get dizzy just from watching. I try to look away but I can’t seem to look away from the blends of color. They’re nothing special but swirls of those red and black things.

I gave my writing one last look before closing the tattered leather bound journal. I was visiting my dad who lived in Sabattus Maine; it was for the summer which was around two months. I’ve lived in Los Angeles, California, with my mother and grandparents. Right now I was getting off the plane I had been on for almost five hours, looking for my father. Two blond haired men stood side by side, well almost. One was a tall man, maybe over six feet by an inch or two with bright electric blue eyes, this was my twenty-two year old brother, Matthew. Now Mass was a spitting image of the man who stood next to him, although the man next to my brother had lime green eyes, my father, a grey blond haired man in his early forties stood an inch or two shorter then my brother.

        I was walking toward the two when I saw two other guys with them. The first one had just stood, his back facing toward me not letting me see much of him as he talked with my brother. The second was a guy with black spiky hair that made his…silver eyes pop. My brother and I had silver eyes too although we chose to hide them behind colored contact lenses. It was something to do with being what’s called at Silverblood. Anyway this guy looked like a god. He was one of those drop dead gorgeous guys. I could tell that he was a muscular guy and from the way he sat he looked to be tall, maybe around the same height as my brother.

        I looked over at my father to see him smile over at me. That’s when I dropped my bags running to him, hugging him as tightly as I could without hurting him. my father instantly hugged me back with the same intensity. Wow I’ve missed him so much.

        “Hi Daddy!” I squealed with happiness.

        “Hey Pumpkin.” He said in a whisper, smiling as he tightened his arms around me. Just by the sound of my father’s voice I could tell that he was at the verge of tears, as was I.

        “Yo Athena, do I get a hug?” My brother asked.

        I pulled away from my father, running over to Mass who had his arms wide open. I swung my arms around his neck in a giant bear hug, giggling. “Hey Matty Poo!”

        Matthew smiled spinning me around in a circle letting my dark red hair fly around behind me. He spun me around once more before setting me down gently, holding me tightly till I stopped swaying from the dizziness. He then buried his face in my neck and I could tell he was forcing back his tears.

        “Matty Poo?” The guy my brother had been talking to, nearly laughed.

“Shut up Derek.” My brother growled his voice muffled by my shoulder.

“I’ve missed you so much.” I whispered to Matt, softly, ignoring what the two guys had just said to each other.

“Missed you, too, sis.” He said then pulled away cracking a large funny looking grin. “Nine fucking years and my ten year old sister grew into a sexy ass nineteen year old young woman. Damn, I’ll be fighting off all the boys for ya.”

“Oh man!” Derek whined like a little boy causing me to give a small blush and my brother to growl.

“I’m not that hot.” I said earning a rippling growl from my brother who instantly said. “Dammit Athena, who the hell have you been hanging around with? Have you had a damn fucking boyfriend or someone say you’re not hot enough for them?”

I looked way meeting the silver eyes of the guy sitting down. It seemed like an almost instant connection. But could there really be?

“Athena?” Matt said sternly.

“Just drop it, Matt.”I said moving to get my bags I had dropped. “And it’s Wren not Athena. I hate my first name.”

§§§

My dad’s house was a medium sized house that held two floors. It was a white blue color that seemed to stick out awkwardly surrounded by a set of woods that held different shades of green. I noticed this all as I got out of my father’s Chevy. I then went over to get my bags but my brother and his two friends, who I’ve learned were names Derek and Salem, were getting my bags for me. My brother handed me one of my small bags saying. “You left that not on top of it.” The small not was neatly placed on my bag. I took that and my bag. Matt then nudged me toward the house laughing at something either he, Derek, or Salem had said, a joke maybe.

I looked around the house, my eyes always going back to the set of wood. For my family this was and is a great house to live in due to the face that we’re all werewolves. I then looked down at the note in my hand; I unfolded it before reading it:

I love you but you don’t know me, you should know me. So I’m sorry, but I’ll be near. And I’ll be watching.

Anonymous

What the fucking hell?

I looked at the forest already know that this summer was gunna be a fucking living hell whole.

“Great area to run, huh sis?” Matt suddenly asked me as we walked toward the house.

“Oh, um, yeah it sure is.” I mumbled in a daze.