Chapter 17

Jessie stood there making me face the merrier as she tightened the straps of my wedding dress, today was the big day. I wore a strapless wedding dress that held thousands of tiny studs, the dress itself was a ball gown like dress making me feel and some what looked like the fictional Cinderella. I wore my long hair up well it was more braided down my back my veil covering it from behind. Jessie had just finished lasing me up when a knock sounded somebody’s presence. I turned my gaze away from the merrier and to look over my shoulder to see Matthew standing there with…our mother. Tears welled up it my eyes at the sight of here.

“M-mom!” I gasped. “MOM!”

I ran to her as I cried with happiness. I had called her later on during the week to tell her what has happened so far, telling her about dad and about Salem. I told her of the wedding and she had said she didn’t think she could make it. Now my mother stood there hugging me tightly in her arms.

“I thought you weren’t gunna be coming.” I whispered to her. “What changed your mind?”

“Nothing, sweaty, I was coming to surprise you.” My mother answered.

I smiled brightly then glared at my brother growling, “You knew!!!”

He chuckled as he walked over to Jessie who wore a dark purple dress that all my bridesmaids would be wearing to night for the wedding. The wedding colors, Salem and I had picked the colors we had worn to my birthday party. All the guys would be wearing black while Salem and I wore the white and my girls wearing the purple.

“Okay sis, Salem is getting antsy out there waiting for you, half other the guys have had to hold him back from coming to get you. He keeps saying it’s been like the longest time he has been without you since you two got together. Damn, sis, you like killed my fun best friend, I want him back.” Matthew chuckled. “Anyway it’s that and the fact that he wants to call you his wife already. He claims he’s dying there waiting.” Another chuckle. “And now he got past the guys and is on his way here. You better hide before he sees you, it’s bad luck for a groom to see his bride before the ceremony.”

I hide behind him, my mother, and Jessie just as Salem stalked into the room. He glared at my brother with a smile as he growled. “Where is she?” He was chuckling softly as he looked around the room for me.

“Go away Salem.” My brother laughed. “She doesn’t want you to see her till she walks me greet you at the altar.”

Salem growled with a laugh. “Dammit! I wanna see my girl!!!!!” And that’s when I began to giggle from behind everyone.

“Athena!!” Salem whined.

“Go away!!”I laughed. “Wait for me out there!”

“Aww come on, Shorty!” He whined, he only called me that now when he was in a playful mood which happened to be a lot now. “Please!?!”

“NO!!!!” I laughed. “Now go, or its gunna take longer for us to get married!”

“Fine.” He sighed heavily just as his older brother Gabriel, who we busted out of jail over a week ago, came in to drag him back outside where we were going to have our wedding.

Once he was gone my brother turned to me mumbling. “Damn hung over bastard.”

“HE’S HUNG OVER!!!” I nearly screamed.

Matt chuckled. “He’s fine we made him take care of the worst of it. He had like six cups of coffee just to make the hang over go away some so he could be here. If I were you I would blame Gabriel.”

“Oh I will.” I growled.

He chuckled then turned serious.

“Ready to get married off sis?” He asked in a small whisper.

I nodded.

“I’m ready.” I was grinning now.

Matthew took me in his arms just before I saw the first tear of his escape from his eyes. He then whispered. “I wish it were dad walking you down to Salem, putting your hand in his giving you his blessing to get married, and me. About a month and a half ago he could have  been in this position and not me. I’m doing this for both you and him, Athena.” He then pulled away wiping away his tears and then my own as he smiled. “Let’s go beautiful.”

Moments later I stood there waiting for the last of my bridesmaids to be gone before Matt slowly walked me down the aisle with the wedding bells playing. The moment Salem saw me was the moment he froze, jaw dropping slightly and his silver eyes going wide. He then grinned at me as our eyes locked. When my brother and I got to the end of the aisle Salem walked a few steps toward me. Matt took my hand out of his own and placed it in Salem’s out reached hand. Once my hand was in Salem’s Matthew back off and  Salem brought me up to face one of the elders who would be marrying us. He looked from Salem then over to me smiling.

“Alpha Salem Bane has finally found his mate at the age of twenty two.” The elder said. “I never would have thought to see you this happy. And now I have the pleasure of marrying you off to your beautiful mate who shall become Mrs. Alpha Athena Bane.” The elder looked out at the large crowd which held Salem’s pack, his sister’s pack, and his older brother’s pack also some of the werewolves who were with the rogues came to watch an Alpha get married. That was always something everyone wanted to see because of the uniqueness to it all. “An Alpha getting married is a very rare thing to us all. Most Alpha’s already marking their mate before the marriage but the vows have been prepared. Alpha Bane would you like to go first?”

Salem nodded before breathing in and out.

“Athena, my Love. Every time I see you smile, it’s like a ray of light on a cloudy day and I can’t help but stand in it. Your hugs are so warm and inviting and your kisses are sweet, so sweet that I don’t want to pull away. I love you so much, on the mere thought or mention of you, my heart skips a beat. At the thought of losing you, it suddenly ripped in two and I was so scared that without you, it would eventually stop beating all together. Your laugh is like wind chimes on a windy day, it always cheers me up. Your eyes are like the moon and stars, twinkling on their brightest night. Everything I see reminds me of you. You’re not just a breeze to me; you’re that never stopping wind. You know, because it circles the whole world, and you are nothing short but my whole world all together in one perfect little innocent beautiful body. I’ve always been near watching you from afar. A love like mine…I want you. I need you. My love. My life. My world. A light to march away the darkness I have hidden in myself. I love you my dear Athena. My dearest love you never gave up on me. I’ve held you in my arms when I was a my weakest but have tried not  to show a single sign of it. Athena, Love, you are beautiful in so many ways and I love them all. I’ve shown you who I really am even through our troubled and you have seen the two sides of my. My world revolves around you being happy but when you aren’t it drops like your feelings do. I hate seeing you hurt or scared. I truly do, it’s frightening just to watch the look go from happy to scared in a matter of pure seconds. It’s scary itself. You’ve made living this long worth it. And Athena Wren James I love you so so much and I am happy to be able to call you Mrs. Bane, my wife within a matter of minutes. I love you. I will protect you forever and always my Love.” Salem had said this looking deep into my eyes even when I began to cry.

I sucked in a gasp. He had taken everything he had ever written me, mixing and fixing to make this a vow. A very beautiful vow, at that. Tears streamed my face as I dared not to look away from him.

“Salem that was beautiful, and I’m sorry my vow will not be as good but here it goes. I love you. I have never love anyone more then I love you now. I mean I have given myself to you completely. And although you a hung over you gave me one of the most beautiful vows I have ever heard.” I grinned at his twisting face which was a mix of a little shame with happiness. “Salem I know you will be a wonderful husband to me and…and…and a good father.”

He looked at me weird.

“What do you mean?” He asked in a small whisper.

“Salem, I’m pregnant.” I whispered back watching his face twist into a shocked expression.

“Pregnant?” He gasped then grinned just as the elder said. “You may now kiss your bride Alpha Bane.”

And at that Salem took my face in his hands pulling my face up to his kissing me with such passion and hunger I have ever been given by him.