Chapter 9

A few days passed and Jessie talked with my brother, explaining that she wasn’t rejecting hi. They’re now a couple and a never parting one at that. I’ve gotten maybe around two notes from Mr. Anonymous, saying that he loves me. But currently I sat with my brother as he told me that he and dad had made plans for my twentieth birthday, so now that it was just Matt, he was still planning on throwing me a masquerade ball.

“So what do you think, sis?” He asked me softly.

“I love it!” I squealed. “When will it be?”

“Saturday.” He answered smiling. “I’ve already sent out the invitation to most of the pack.”

I smiled squealing again just as Jessie walked up behind Matt and wrapped her arms around him. She then moved away from him and moved to hug me.

“Dress shopping?” She asked.

I smiled brighter.

“YES!!!” I squealed.

“Matt, you can’t come.” Jessie said before my brother could say anything. “But we need a guys opinion. Hey, Athena can we get my brother to come?”

I nodded slowly.

“He’s in the back yard as of twenty minutes ago.” Matt yawned. “Well you girls are out, I’m gunna take a nap. Who knew having a girl friend would cause no sleep.”

“Matt!” I screamed.

“I didn’t mean it that way!!” He screamed in a laugh.

Jessie and I then burst into laughter.

“We love you!” Jessie and I said together.

“I love you, girls, too.” He smiled walking toward us. He walked straight for Jessie who he kissed before hugging me whispering. “You’ll find someone out there to love, I know you will, Athena.”

“Thank you, Matt.” I whispered.

He then casually walked out of the room leaving Jessie and I. We looked at each other grinning, we then ran to find Salem. Now he and I are just friend…somewhat. I mean he did say he wanted to make things right but I guess we haven’t figure out what making it right is yet. Anyway Salem was sitting on his truck ready to go.

“How’d you know?” I asked looking up at him.

“Matt told me.” He said with a small grin. “Kay now let’s go, I gotta get home.”

“Why?” Jessie asked.

Salem seemed to hesitate.

“Cause mom is coming home. Plus Gabriel and Leven are coming to visit to talk some Alpha business with me. I mean I’ll be happy to see the rest of the family but you know how that if I’m late for a meeting with Gabe he turns into a dick.” He answered.

Jessie nodded with a small smile.

Salem’s P.O.V.

On the way to the mall Athena sat in the middle of the truck, her leg touching mine slightly as I drove and she talked with my sister. Just this touch drove me crazy and made me think. I want my mate! I want to get divorced from Sylvia and marry my mate! But does she belong to anyone else? Will she even want me? Anyway we were here and we all made out way into one of the dress shops.

My sister and Athena took about five dresses in each hand. They both were the same size, small fragile frames, so they were gunna try on each other’s dresses. So…damn I will be seeing these two in like twenty different dresses. But after an hour and a half we narrowed down purple looked amazing on Athena and a pale peach on my sister. Then all of a sudden Athena stepped out of one of the dressing rooms wearing a dark purple, strapless mini ball gown dress with a pair of dark purple stiletto heels. Damn that entire outfit made her legs look great and that small figure of hers even smaller.

“How do I look?” She whispered.

I slowly looked up, scanning her body.

“You look…you look-”

Wolf whistles sounded throughout the shop causing me to want to growl but I held it back for Athena, who looked like she was about to cry. I then stood feeling anger toward whoever was doing this to my girl. I faced a group of guys that I recognized from my pack.

“Fuck off!” I growled which I knew they would listen to their Alpha.

“Thank you.” I heard Athena whispered from behind me. “You don’t have to do that for me, you rejected me remember, you shouldn’t care for me like a mate.”

Hurt filled me, if only she knew that I couldn’t stop thinking about her. I then turned to face her and tell her otherwise but she was gone, my sister in a slimming pale peach strapless dress.

I smiled. “You look beautiful, sis.”

She frowned at me not because of what I said I could tell but for some other reason which she now told me. “Salem Anthony Bane make a decision on which girl you want. I already know it’s not Sylvia so please just do something already.”