{030}

The New Deal
———

"Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be."
Anonymous
———

-

-

"This'll be fun." America raised her head to glare at the pair of men from where she was hugging the toilet in one of the upstairs bathrooms, her mind wanting to be sick without her body on board. "Shut. Up. I'm so not in the mood for your shit and you," she switched her glare to Klaus who at least had the decency to appear guilty, "I don't even know what to say to you. What the hell were you thinking?" He leaned forward where he sat on the chair he'd pulled over, a blood bag hanging in his hand.

"I admit it was supposed to turn out better than it did." Stefan levelled the man with a look that was completely judgmental and America made an appreciative noise that turned into one of displeasure as she leaned off the porcelain bowl with a shiver. "Why is it so cold?" Klaus and Stefan exchanged exhausted looks as the latter replied considering anything the hybrid said received looks and snipes of aggression. "Because you're half-naked on a tiled floor. You'd feel better if you fed."

The woman frowned, eyeing the blood bag and the man holding it with distaste. "I'd rather freeze to death." The Salvatore rolled his eyes, unimpressed. "I'll shove it down your throat and we both know I'll enjoy it more than you will." America scowled, seeing the threat for what it was—serious. She didn't bother getting to her feet, shuffling over to the tub with a sniffle. There was a groan as hot water poured out the pipe and the woman dipped her hand inside the stream of water to plug the bath. "Are you crying?"

Their answer came wordlessly as America glanced back at them, dark eyes wide and glistening with unshed tears. They shared one of many glances, confident the week would be long. 

-

"I don't think this is what Nik meant when he said to keep an eye on me." Stefan hummed as he dropped the girl's limp body to the floor alongside the man she had drained. "He's got bigger problems at the moment than worrying about how he words his sentences." America frowned as she wiped at the blood dripping down her chin. "Yeah, well maybe that's his problem. He should word stuff better because I'd like to know how 'I care about you, I don't want you getting endlessly tortured by Mikael' turns into 'go away, I don't want you around more'."

The vampire arched a brow as he licked his lips clean of blood, fangs flashing in the dim light. "Why the hell would he say that?" The woman made an agreeing noise as she flexed her jaw, wrinkling her nose at the blood that now seemed almost too sweet. "Because he's an idiot. Where are you going now?" Getting in the private room had been hassle enough, America failing a few times before she got the hang of compulsion and got her meal upstairs in the bar's private room.