{057}

Bring It On
———

"She's a fixer with no one to fix her. She's a lover who won't love herself. She's a heartbreak away from a horrible place cause fixers never fix themselves."
Brent Morgan {The Fixer}
———

"—Brent Morgan {The Fixer}———

-

"If you burn down this house, it'll be gone. Forever. What if one day when this is all over, you want to come home again?" America glanced at her sister as Elena looked over at her, eyes empty. They could agree that there was no chance of that. "Stef, this house hasn't been my home in almost a year. And I don't think Elena could stand living in it alone with all that's happened inside. So, by the time that time comesif it ever doeshome will be a different place." The vampire was resigned then, inclining his head in defeat as he took a physical step back, taking one last look at a home he too had known in the past few years. 

He wasn't ready to let go and to some extent, neither was Damon but none were as reluctant among the three as Caroline. The blonde had grown up in these rooms and explored these hallways just as the sisters had. It was filled with memories of them together, of easier times of freeze tag and hide and seek and princess tea parties. Of broken hearts from nameless boys and hushed midnight talks at sleepovers and relentless giggles as they talked about their first kiss. America caught her tearful, green eyes, unable to conjure a smile but able to translate some reassurance in her gaze. 

"It'll be okay." The ball of fire sitting in her palm trickled to the floor, taking to the fuel like a moth to a flame. 

-

"Mom!" America groaned, rolling over onto her stomach to bury her face in the pillow underneath her. Oddly enough, it moved. "Mom, I know you're awake." The tiny voice huffed and the woman had all intentions of continuing to feign sleep but the following words not belonging to the young girl garnered her interest. "Oh, bloody hell." No sooner than Klaus had said this did the door to their bedroom open and America turned, snorting a sleepy laugh as she saw Damon, his hand over his eyes. "Please tell me you're decent because I can't take the alternative."

Still giggling, the woman sat up as she stretched, a soft whine leaving her lips. "We are, what are you doing here?" She inquired as she shifted to sit against the pillows propped against the headboard, indulging Rosie as the young girl crawled into her arms. Looking back at Damon, she noticed an inscrutable emotion in his eyes as he watched her but it was gone as quickly as it appeared and the scent of it was complex, unfamiliar, so it remained a mystery. One she let drop in her drowsiness. "So, I got a list," the man began, leaning against the door frame.