{047}

We'll Always Have Bourbon Street
———

"You caused my heart to bleed and you still owe me a reason 'cause I can't figure out why."
Ben Cocks {So Cold}
———

"—Ben Cocks {So Cold}———

-

"Please don't be mad." What a pleasant start, she thought, already peeved. The original Colorado pack had all but ambushed her with Klaus out of the house, the woman barely stepping out of the kitchen before one appeared and gave way to at least seven more. "No rush," she grumbled, chewing irately on a slice of bacon. Paul stepped forward, scratching the back of his neck rather nervously and America arched an eyebrow at him. She wasn't angry anymore but she also wasn't in any rush to tell him otherwise.

"Hayley and Tyler broke the sirebonds of at least eleven hybrids and they're rebelling against Klaus. The whole thing was Hayley's idea but I couldn't. . . I don't know what she wants with us—with them." A noncommittal hum escaped her lips as she leaned against the wall with a calculating frown. "How do you know that?" Paul's cheeks flushed, "Uh, she—we were—I was stupid, Luna. I missed all the signs." She tsked, taking some pity on the man as she took another bite of her breakfast.

"Including eleven unsired hybrids," she said testily, glancing down the hallway thoughtfully. "Snoop and figure out who is and isn't unsired, who's going to be a problem and I want the sired ones on the property tonight. They can stay in their wing till this is sorted. Paul," she settled her gaze on the tense man. "You find out what Hayley needs hybrids for." A chorus of 'Yes, Luna' flooded in, America dismissing them with a finger-wiggling wave. 

Not even minutes after the hybrids had dispersed, a troublesome pair disturbed her returning peace as she waited for Rosie by the front door. She'd opened said door to start the car only to reveal the two men standing there, a hand raised for the knob. "What now?" She huffed, stepping outside, leaving the door ajar for the blonde while she ushered them back some steps. "Elena is sired to me." Damon blurted, tense as if expecting a bad reaction but America merely glanced at him, eyebrows raised. 

"Uh, old news. It's the least threatening thing I've got on my plate right now." The brothers gaped at her, exchanging a look of shock before it morphed into disbelief. "You knew?!" She widened her eyes mockingly to match their surprise. "Yeah?" she huffed, rolling her eyes a moment later, "Sirebonds surround me—I recognized it when I saw it, but seriously, I don't have time for a long lecture to even begin to explain how non-threatening it is." 

Damon blinked at her, expression twisting into something resembling disbelief. "How is it non-threatening if it means Elena's feelings for me aren't real?" America shot the man an incredulous look as she remote-started the car. "That's not how a sirebond works, Damon," she pocketed the fob, tilting her head at him, "sirebonds affect how she acts, not how she feels. Only way feelings play into it is that they were strong enough that it formed in the first place which, for how rare it is, is just wildly inconvenient since you told her she had to drink blood from the vein.