Chapter 4

Teresa is leaving tomorrow. She's going into the experiment.

As soon as I got up I decide to go talk to Teresa but before I got out the door the same guard that took me to the camera room yesterday told me I had to go back to work.

By the time I got to the control room (as I heard one of the guards call it) I was really thinking about what to write to Newt.

This is like the only chance I can say something to him. well write something to him but you get what I mean.

Later that day

I've been sitting here for a while just following Newt around the maze.

I found out that Thomas ran into the maze not long ago. Newt looks really worried. So does Alby.

I hate seeing him like this so I got up from my chair and walked around the control room.

I was about to step out of the room when I heard two guards whispering outside.

I decide to listen in and see what was happening

'They are building it right now.' The guard with the beard said.

'What the Griever hole?' The bald guard asked sounding surprised.

The greiver hole? I thought getting distracted.

'I thought they built that ages ago.' Bald guy said.

'Yeah same like what if the gladers found they way out before they built it like that would have ruined the whole experiment.' The guy with the beard said.

'Anyway I have to get the kid back to her room' the guy with the beard said as he walked towards the doorway I was hiding inside.

I quickly ran to my seat and sat down acting as if I was looking at the screens the whole time.

'hey kid. Time to go back to your room.' He said as I got up and walked out the door

As soon as I was out of sight from the guard I ran to my room and slammed the door shut.