Chapter 8

Newts POV

Its 1am and the freaking Greenie alarm is going off.

Me and all the Gladers all ran to the box wondering what in bloody hell is coming this early in the morning.

After the Greenie alarm it takes about 30 minutes for the actual Greenie to come up.

As we waited all the Gladers were discussing what was happening.

'If they had to put us in the shucking maze they least they could do us let us sleep!' Frypan exclaimed as the other gladers laughed.

But our laughing was cut short when the box opened.

I scrambled to the front but there was nothing in the box except for the supplies that were supposed to come next week.

I jumped down and looked around the box but couldn't see anything

'False alarm everyone!' I said as I climbed out of the box

Everyone moaned in annoyance as they all walked back to bed

'Well we are up already might as well get the boxes out' Minho said as he jumped in and handed me the first box.

Suddenly I heard a little scream. Then I heard Minho scream

'What in bloody hell happened'  Newt said running up to Minho who had already scrambled out of the box.

'There's a kid down there!' He said as the other Gladers gathered around to see what was happening.

'Let me take a look I said as I walked to the box.

'What are u doing you dumb shank. She just going to scream again. Lets just leave her and see her tomorow.' Minho said.
'Fine. Someone go get her a blanket and pillow!' I yelled as Ben went and grabbed one.

Once we had put the pillow and blanket down we all went back to bed.

A few hours later

Minhos POV

I asked Alby if we could have the day off so we could see the girl. He agreed but said we were back to work first thing next morning.

As all the gladers came for breakfast they were all wondering about the girl.

'I will go and give her some food and see if she's alright' I said grabbing a plate of bacon, a bread roll and a water bottle

I walk over to the box and opened the lid and jumped down.

Jessie's POV

I was woken by the box shaking I looked up to see Minho holding food.

I ran to the corner of the box and crouched there as Minho slowly approached me.

'Um hello child.' He said uneasily like he thought I would scream again.

And as if he read my thoughts he said 'please dont scream again.'

I looked up at him as then the food he carried.

He must have noticed because he offered me the food.

I nodded eagerly and he passed it to me.

As I gobbled up the food he just sat and watched me.

I offered him some but he said no saying he already ate.

After I finished I was licking my fingers

'Um kid whats your name?' Minho asked

'Jessie' i mumbled quietly

'Jessie?' He asked and i nodded.

'Well that's a beautiful name.' He said

I smiled at him. Even though I never got to meet minho, I Liked him.

'Um hey kid im starting to get tired in here do u want to get out of this?' He asked

He must have seen I looked uncertain cause he said 'I will make sure no one sees you' he said

I just nodded.....