Chapter 20

Newts POV

We all ran towards the box. I was some of the first to get there.

I crouched down and pulled the door of the box open. I jumped down to see nothing but boxes. I searched through them as gladers talked above me.

I heard a little whimper behind a box I hadn't looked at yet.

I pulled it aside to see a younger girl with blonde hair with brown streaks in it.

Just like Jessie

She looked up at me with surprise

She looks just like Jessie but I can see key features that are missing.

Jessie has the cute little moles on her cheek and light freckles on her nose.

This girl only has the freckles on her nose.

My thoughts were interrupted when the girl spoke.

'Newt?' She asked still looking at me with disbelief in her eyes.

'Jessie?' I asked looking at her confused because my mind was hurting right now.

'Im not Jessie.' She said smiling

'Who-who are you?' I asked as her smile turned to a frown.

'Tessa. Your sister?' She said looking at me with hope that I would remember.

'But you look just like jessie.' I said sounding even more confused.

'Were twins duh!' She said looking at me with a smile.

'Looks like we have a sassy girl version of Minho!' I said looking up at minho as he smiled and raised his hand. 'Guilty!' He said in a girl voice. Making everyone smile and laugh.

'Why don't you remember me?' She asked gazing up at me with her cute blue eyes that reminded me of Jessie's.

'The creators took our memories. All of our memories.' I said still not beliving this was real

She just nodded and looked at her hands.

'Do you wanna get out of here? I ask as she nods.

I grabbed her and pushed her out of the box, pulling myself out behind her.

'Your lucky the box came up now. We were just about to leave.' I said grabbing Tessa's hand.

'Newt? Where's Jessie?' Tessa asked as I looked at the ground and scratched my neck.

'Well the creators kind of took her out of the maze but we are going to find her now. Wanna come with?' I asked her as she nodded.

'Come on were going to leave now.' I grabbed her hand and pulled her with me as we all walked into the maze