Chapter 16

Newts POV

Minho pushed me towards the box as Greivers filled the Glade.

'Oh my God I left my sister in a freaking jail cell with a freaking Wooden door!!' I said playing with my hair to calm my nerves.

'Shhhh its okay. They are going to be okay!' Minho says patting my back

'What do you mean its ok! Its not ok! Its like dumping two cats in the middle of a dog park!!!!!!' I yelled

But before he could answer I heard the screams of the Greivers.

I sat down in the corner of the box as Gladers reassured me that they would be okay.

The screams of the Greivers continued as the Gladers debated as to weather it was a good idea to leave Thomas, Teresa and Jessie in the jail.

Evey time Jessies name was mentioned I felt sicker.

The screams from the Greivers Continued I had started to get used to it and lay my head against the wall closing my eyes when suddenly I heard another scream. Not a Greiver scream.

A little girl scream.

~~~~~

Still Newts POV

I sprang up and ran to the box door pushing it open as I pulled my self out.

Minho and a few other Gladers followed as I heard another scream from Jessie.

I looked over to the jail cells to see a greiver ripping at the wood of the door.

I ran as fast as I could Minho in pursuit.

I grabbed a spear a Glader had abandoned on the ground and threw it at the Griever once I was close enough suddenly I saw Minho throw something at the Griever and it went up in flames.

While the Griever was burning to death I ran over to the jail cell to see a hole in the door and Thomas huddled there.

I start to panic when I dont see Jessie.

'Wheres Jessie?'