Runners, Teleporters, and Mermaids, Oh My! {Kurt/Peter X Reader}

A/n: Have you guys ever listened to Garfunkel and Oates? They're a comedy band and I love 'em

Also, I do really like when you guys comment on every single paragraph, it makes me happy.

My hair floated in the murky, blue water, dancing around me in the most beautiful way. Suddenly, a hand tapped the top of the water, I quickly opened my eyes and swam up to the surface, my mermaid-like tail propelling me forwards in a split second. The lake was long and looked more like a river rather than a lake, but the water did not flow anywhere.

As my head broke the surface of the water, I noticed it was Hank, a lanky, nerdy teacher who worked and lived at the Xavier mansion. My hair was stuck to my forehead and my skin was soft from the water. My turtle, Mizūmi(It means Lake, I think), followed me like lost a little puppy.

"Hey, Hank." I smiled at him, setting my crossed arms on the land. "What's up?"

"Your swim class starts in about an hour, so be ready." He told me, crouching down to my level.

"Thank you, just please make sure everybody's in proper swimwear." I flapped my tail on the surface, a bit of water splashing on Hank.

"Hey! I still have to teach some classes, here." He got back up, wiping off his glasses.

"Alright! I'll see you later." I waved and plunged back into the water, my arms helping me skim the surface.

Teens were hanging out with their friends, laughing and smiling. I sat on the grass, sighing. I wished that I could be up there, walking, but the only thing I could really do, socially, was, well, not very much. Everyday, but only for a brief amount of time, I would get up into my wheelchair and go to a class or two, everybody just gave me dirty looks and ignored me.

I hadn't bothered to go up today, I just stayed in my Atlantis-esque home I had built for myself. It was small, but quite cozy at the bottom of the deep lake.

I sat there for a while, until a sudden 'whoosh' told me exactly who I would see sitting next to me. "Hey, Y/n." Peter said with a smirk, putting his hand on my shoulder. I quickly brushed it off and smiled at him.

"Shouldn't you be putting on your swimsuit?" I pushed his arm playfully, laughing.

"Nah, I can do it in a flash, and I wanted to talk to you." He said, while I pulled my knees, well, where my knees would be, up to my bikini-clad chest.

"I would've never thought somebody would want to talk to me, of all people." I chuckled quietly, spreading water across my scales.

"I'm surprised that nobody talks to you, you're one of the most interesting people I know." He mumbled in that oh-so-cute way of his.

"The only other people who talk to me are Hank and Kurt, everybody else just gives me these dirty looks." I told him, starting to push myself back into the lake.

"Why are you trying to leave me so soon?" He whined, grabbing my hand.

"People are starting to arrive, Peter, go get fucking dressed." I laughed, pushing myself fully into the lake.

"Alright." He groaned, getting up from his dusty spot in the dirt. He quickly zoomed off, and was back in a flash, but with everybody else instead of just with me.

"I hope I am not late." Kurt's accented voice filled my ears as he bamfed in front of me, he was wearing black swim trunks that suited him really well, bringing out his eyes. His arms were crossed over his chest, he was always a little embarrassed about his looks, even though he had an incredibly toned body. He kept his eyes on my face, and only my face, which was slightly creepy.