Longing Pictures {Kurt}

this one has been rotting in one of my notebooks, you're welcome

~Kurt's POV~

I looked at the photo carefully, drinking in every single little detail. Her face, my face, the circus tent behind us, everything was perfect. Photography was her passion, but alas, it could not be.

We were different, which made unable to do things that regular, non-mutant beings could do.

She was amazing. She could do things that people could only dream of. She could fly, she could turn into animals. It was absolutely incredible.

The only thing I could do was teleporting.

She was purple, I was blue, I had a tail, she had claw, but we both had fangs.

She was perfect in every single way, and we loved each other.

I was hunched over the picture, trying not to cry about my darling Y/n. I missed her so much.

She was my sun, shining through the darkness of the clouds in the darkest of times.

I got angry whenever she was punished, but I knew that I was too scared to do anything about it, I never wanted to hurt anybody.

Her kisses, were incredible. They were soft, tender and full of love. For me.

We were soulmates, I knew it.

The picture haunted me. It was the last one she ever took.

Her eyes looked so vibrant, so full of life. I had one of my arms draped over her delicate shoulders, and my blue, scarred cheeks were slightly purple.

I had a few silent tears flowing freely down my face as I tried to dry them with my jacket sleeve.

My hands trembled, my beloved picture almost falling to the ground.

It was the one picture I had of her, and I trasured it so.

I remembered the day that she took it like it was yesterday, even though it was really taken a few years before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kurt!" She called to me, running over excitedly. "Look vhat I found!" She carefully put the newly found camera into my three-fingered hands.

"Is zhere any finm in it?" I asked her curiously, keeping my hands still.

"Let's hope so." She giggled, which made me smile as I handed her the camera, afraid that I would drop it if I held it any longer.

Click! The camera flashed in front of my face, taking me by surprise.

"Zhere. Now I have a picture of you!" She shook the picture, making the ink set so that we could see it.

"Could you take a picture of us togezer?" I asked her, my cheeks growing a bit warm.

"Of course!" She kissed my cheek lightly, her kind of yellow teeth shining brightly in the sun.

I put my arm around her as she held out the camera in front of us before snapping the photo.

She grabbed the polaroid from the camera and did the shaking thing, handing it to me afterwards.

"Here you go, Kurt." She said, starting to walk away.

"Wait!" I called out to her, grabbing her hand.

"What is it, Kurt? I have to get ready for our next show." She giggled at me a little bit as I let go of her hand.

"I love you." I told her, smiling a little bit and showing off my fangs.

"I love you too." She said, walking away.

That was that last time that I had ever seen my beautiful Y/n.

I had always just assumed she had died or that maybe she had escaped and didn't care about me anymore.

~~

"You okay, Kurt? You've been staring at that picture for like an hour." Scott snapped me out of my thoughts, waving a hand in front of my face.

"I'm okay." I sighed as he sat down with me on the stone, garden bench.

"Is that your girlfriend or something?" He asked me, crossing his arms and looking at the picture.

"Yes, she vas my beautiful Y/n." I tell him, kind of becoming a little sad.

"She's... You should come see this." He said, getting up as I followed, wondering what he had in mind for me to see.

We walked through the halls and there she was, standing at the door with a sad look on her face. "Y/n!" I called out happily.

"Kurt!" She breathed out, running into my outstretched arms.

Our lips locked longingly, and it was complete bliss.