Chapter 10

Chapter 10

2-3 hours have gone since I left Sakura there alone, I was worried about leaving her to fend for herself if someone were to attack, however the boys were healed and with rest they can easily fight again. Me on the other hand, I was more worried about. I wince everytime I move my right arm and the shocks of pain are still there.

Every now and then I stop for a short rest, but I still continue my way to find a team with the heaven scroll. So far, I havn't come across anyone.. which might be luck on my part, because there is no way I could fight anyone in my current state. Nonetheless, I have to come across someone some time soon, the scroll is first on my list.

I stood to a halt on a tree branch as I could hear running water not so far away from me. I closed my eyes and searched for the direction which it was in. "North-East" I muttered under my breath which was still shaking slightly. I sprinted off into the right direction.

It took me around 10 minutes at my fastest speed, until I reached a large flowing river. You could barely see the fish swimming by due to how dark it is. As soon as I got to it, I took off my shoes and threw them to the side. Panting from exhaustion I strolled slowly into the river. It was freezing cold, but at the moment I had a fever so it felt amazing aganinst my sweety skin.

I was about to get back out when the most horrifying pain shot throug my body, it was the worst of what I had felt all together so far. I could hold it in anymore, I screamed and screamed and screamed until my throat became soar. I fell to my knees in the water, clutching my right arm. "Damn.. Orochimaru..!" I managed to say breathlessly. I see figures almost right in front of me "At such a bad time as well" I mutter, eyeing them suspiciously.

(??? POV)

"Ok, we've had enough rest. All the other teams will be calling it a day soon. You know the plan!" I told my team mates. "No sweat" Tenten said before sighing. "Roger" was Lee's responce "Alright then lets-" I was interrupted by screaming so loud that it probably echoed throughout the whole forest. It was close to our current position as well.

"What the hell?" Tenten asked more to herself.
"Let us go and check it out" Lee stated before running off in the direction which the scream came from. I nodded at TenTen and followed suit.

A few minutes of running later we came across a large river. There was nothing in sight, no sign of whoever was screaming at all. "There's no one here, we're wasting our time. Lets go" I ordered my team mates. TenTen nodded. Lee however, was just standing there staring off into the distance.
"Lee what's wrong? Hurry up!" He just shook his head and pointed "Over there" I looked in the direction he was pointing in and see a figure standing in the middle of the river. Lee runs ahead with TenTen and I following close behind.

We were close enough now to get a good look at the mysterious stranger. It was the rookie genin who was taking the tests alone. She had long brown hair which was tied in a high pony-tail using a blue scalf with white edges, it flowed all around her in the water. Her clothes consisted of all blue and her style was different from anyone I had ever met. What caught me the most was the strange marking on her neck. I could tell that there was more further down as well.

"At such a bad time as well.." I heard her mutter to herself. She was callapsed on her knees clutching her right arm with so much force that her knuckles turned white. "Who.. are..you?" She questioned us in-between heavy breaths. I was about to speak when Lee shouted "I am the almighty Rock Lee. I am here to save you with the power of youth" He was shaking his fist in the air. TenTen chuckled "My name's TenTen and this is Neji" She pointed her thumb to me.

"I..am Suki" She whipered as she stood and walked over to the bank. Suki was struggling her way through the water and I almost felt sorry for her. The strange girl, all of a sudden, fell to the side, Lee however, caught a hold of her before she touched the water. "Thanks" She said gratefully.