Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Recap:

Since I wasn't looking where I was going, I knocked into someone and fell to the ground with a 'thud' "Owch!" The person that knocked into me, sighed in what seemed to be annoyance. "Such a drag" 'Oh great, only one person would say something like that..'

_______________________

"Hehe...Sorry bout that" Shikamaru shook his head and held out a hand to help me up. I just stared at it for a while. "Are you going to take it or not?" Nodding, I took a firm grasp of his hand and he pulled me back up. His hand was soft for a guys and felt comfortable with my own. 'Lady Cael..your embarrassing yourself' I blushed as I noticed I was still clutching his hand and instantly let it go. He sighed and I heard him mutter something like "Troublesome woman"

Shaking the stupid thoughts away, I smiled up at him. "Thanks, and sorry for bumping into you. I wasn't looking where I was going" He nodded "It doesn't matter" I smiled, bowed my head in apologies and began walking away.

"Asuma's looking for you, so are Kurenai and Guy" I flinched and stopped. 'So, the interrogations are finally starting' Shiro sighed. She didn't like the thought of being found out. 'But, it's not like they'll be able to get anything out of me. I can just put up a seal. Plus, with you here i'm sure you would also keep them out of my head' She nodded but was still annoyed.

I glanced over my shoulder at him "*sigh* They said that if I saw you, I had to take you to 'em" "Thanks Shika" I chirped and bounced over to him as he strolled away..lazily "This is such a pain" I chuckled as he said this. 'It must be his catchphrase or something. If not.. then there's definitely something wrong with his head' I nodded in agreement. 'But.. i'm sure you don't mind huh?' 'What are you on about?' She smirked 'You know what' My eyes narrowed and I put up a mind block. 'Stupid Shiro'.

The walk was silent, but not in an uncomfortable way. It gave me time to think about stuff. Naruto was off to get Tsunade and when she finds me here.. i'm practically dead. 'Maybe it was a stupid idea to do 'that'' I wondered. 'No 'duh!..' Shiro chuckled as she took down my mind block. Back to my thoughts.. Sasuke and Kakashi are badly injured, every high ranked ninja in Konoha are suspicious of me and my powers. 'That' is getting worse everyday and lasting longer.. which is bad and to top it off, I am now going to be interrogated on things I most probably won't answer, which will piss them off..

I sighed once again. Shikamaru glanced my way through the corner of his eyes and groaned, probably thinking 'I'm going to regret this'. "What's wrong?" I gave him a slight glare before saying "If you don't want to know, then don't ask. Being like this will only piss the other person off" His eyes widened for a second before he said "Why do all women have to be this troublesome" I rolled my eyes.

As we kept walking, a few familiar faces came into view. I grinned and sprinted towards them. "Hey guys" The three looked my way. Kiba grinned from ear to ear "Hey Suki! What's up?" I laughed "Nothing much, just going to visit some Jonin and probably Ibiki.." He rose an eyebrow but shrugged it off. "H-hi Suki-chan" 'So cuutee. Like a lost puppy' 'You and your addiction to puppies' Shiro sighed. "Hey Hinata-chan, how are you feeling?" She nodded "I-I feel great thanks to you" She bowed and I chuckled "No need to thank me. I would have done it even if you were a stranger" That brought a gentle smile to her features.

"..Suki.." I searched from side to side, looking for the source of the voice. As I glanced over Kiba's shoulder, I saw Shino. He was leaning against a tree, being all.. Shino-like. I smiled and skipped over to him. "Hey Shino-kun" He nodded and remained silent. I was about to ask how he was when I felt something crawling up my arm.