Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Recap

Kakashi and the others stared at the village before the sights, dumbfounded. "This isn't possible. There's no way..."

'There's definitely something wrong here.. was I really caught in such an illusion even with how capable my sharingan eye is?' Kakashis mind couldnt find an answer and all he could do was the same as the others...

Look at a destroyed village covered in blood and dead bodies...

X~Story Start~X

Third person POV

"Neji..." Said boy nodded his head once in understanding and activated his Byakuran "Byakuran!" The group waited patiently as the lavender eyed boy scanned the area, searching for anything uncanny and out of hand.

As his eyes scouted along a certain side of the village, he sensed something amiss and furrowed his eyebrows. It wasn't that he saw Suki's chakra anywhere, but he did see someone else's chakra and he/she was heading their way. Lowering his voice, just in case, Neji turned to his sensei and informed his as well as the others about what was happening.

"Guy-sensei, there is no one in the village, except for this one person heading our way right now"

That specific piece of information startled everyone into getting ready. They stood in their defensive positions and looked around the surrounding area with weary expressions. As the trees rusrked from the right, Sasuke prepared to throw a Kunai, though stopped when a white rabbit jumped out. All attention was on the rabbit, leaving all the other openings free.

The mysterious person chuckled silently from his position in a nearby tree. 'They really need to be aware of their surroundings more, they are ninja after all' He pondered to himself as he soundlessly leaped down to solid ground. He was so sure that no one knew he was there that when a colony of bugs surrounded him, he was startled. The insects didn't do anything but stick to the persons body as Shino turned around; now aware that someone had stepped right into his trap. He had been aware from the start that someone was in the trees around them, as well as knowing that the person who had left the village was probably a clone made for distraction. So, being the only one in the group to actually take notice, he made it so that his insects would hide in the ground, ready to jump out and attack at any given moment.

A short silence passed through the clearing as they stared at the mysterious person, who had suddenly started laughing. "Good. Very good. I underestimated you" Kakashi strolled his way up to the front of the group, his muscles were tense and he was in the ready for another surprise attack.

"Who are you and why are you following us?" Now, Kakashi wasn't stupid, he'd also know that someone had been following them since a short while back. He also figured out that the smarter of the group would also figure it out: like Shikamaru, Neji, Shino and Sasuke for one.

Neji would have definitely been able to tell that the person in the village was a clone, his Byakuran would have easily told him that. With the others, they were intelligent enough to notice something wrong with the situation. 'At least they stayed in character'. The man chuckled again, a huge smile gracing his hidden features as the group before him shared a look. "Well, I wanted to strike you up on a little offer of mine. I'm sure it'll be worth your while"

"...What offer?" Kakashi became weary, although something in him told him that this offer may have something to do with their missing teammate.

"Its regarding your missing member. Suki, or should I say Caelestine Levana Draco" Shikamaru and Shino tensed at hearing that name.

Shikamaru was sure that was what Suki called herself when he found himself eavesdropping on her conversation that day. Shino on the other hand, unknown to anyone else, had also been eavesdropping, well... his bugs were. However, unlike Shikamaru, he had heard the whole conversation, including what was wrong with her. If he was anyone other than himself then he would have probably told all of Konoha by now. But, he respected the girls privacy and decided that when she was ready, she'd share.