Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"thought you said you weren't gonna join us" 

He glanced up at me before looking back to the starry sky. "*sigh* I wasn't, but I came across Kiba and he practically dragged me along" I chuckled and sat besides him on the hill. "Well, thanks anyway" Through the corner of my eyes, I saw him give a short nodd.

Pulling my legs towards my chest, I hugged my arms around them and closed my eyes. The wind was blowing at a quick pace, making my hair fly around behind me. This moment was exactly what I needed after such a rough dinner. I chuckled as I remembered. Kiba was eating his food, when all of a sudden, Akamaru jumped up onto the table and knocked his ramen onto his clothes. He jumped up from the sudden heat, foot catching on the table and bringing it towards the ground. Funny meal story...

Every now and then I kept sneeking glances at Shikamaru, who was laying down on the clean cut grass, hands behind his head.. lazy as ever. I smile slightly and stood up, stretching my arms in the process. "I can see why you like this place" He sighed, gaze still high up.

It was silent for a while until I broke it "Why were you looking at me weirdly when I arrived?" .. He ignored me! "Shika!" I wined "Don't ignore me!" .. He still ignored me.

What I did next? Well, lets just say he didn't see it coming. I took out a kunai and threw it at where he was postioned. His eyes darted to me and widened before he jumped up. As soon as he stood, I jumped and pulled back my hand for a punch. Sadly, He side-stepped at the last minute and tripped me.

Me being me, I grabbed a hold of the closest thing and tried to stop myself from falling head first into the grass. Landing with a 'umph' at the edge of the hill, my eyes widened.. I began rolling down. My hands were still gripped to whatever I took a hold of, so that ended up rolling with me.. weirdly.

When we got to the bottom, it didn't hurt or at least sting. I was laying on top of something soft and comfy. So soft and comfy that I felt like falling asleep. "What the hell Suki!?" I slowly glanced down and found.. Shikamaru? "What are you doing there?" He glared "You pulled me down here, that's what" He sighed and muttered "Your such a pain" Which was barely audible, but with my good hearing I heard it.

Anger boiled. Sitting up, I punch him square in the jaw. "I'm not a pain!" He rubbed his now red jawbone and rolled his eyes at me. "You are. Otherwise we wouldn't be in this mess" I stopped to think. "What mess?" Shikamaru raised an eyebrow and I swear I saw a smirk.. not possible. "Really? Your in this position without even knowing it?" 'So embarrassing' Shiro mumbled under her breath.

My eyes widened and almost fell out of their sockets. "Wah?"

Shikamaru lay on the ground, with myself in a straddling position. While he was propping himself up on his elbows, my hands were clenching into fists on his chest. I blushed.. Jaishin knows how many shades I was turning.

"U-uh, I-i.. uh?" 'Just get off of him!' Shiro's voice boomed through my head. I clenched it with my hands at the pain. 'You know better then to shout at me! It hurts!' 'Well, got off then. Your humiliating yourself' Complying with her orders, I stood up and dusted off some imaginary dust.. which wasn't so imaginary now that I think about it.

Shikamaru stood up as well. My face felt hot, so I could tell the blush was still there. Pulling my hair infront of my eyes, I glanced at him. "S-sorry about that" He nodded and sighed "Troublesome women" I heard him mutter. "Not all women are troublesome. You just can't handle us!" He rose an eyebrow before flat out laughing.

His laugh was so.. soothing and perfect, right in every way. Wait!.. what am I thinking about. 'Snap out of it Caelestine!' I mentally scolded myself for having such thoughts. His laughter then softened and he smirked "I guess your right. I can't handle you, probably never will be able to" That got me to frown.