Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"First of all I congratulate you on finishing the second exam" All 5 days had gone by and only 22 candidates including myself got here in the end. I glanced around at the remaining people. All the rookies were here as well as Neji's team, some sound ninja and Gaara's team of sand ninja. Standing before us was the hokage, Ibiki, Anko and many other jonin including the rookies sensei's.

"Now pay attention. Lord Hokage is going to explain to you the third exam.. Lord Hokage, they're all yours" The hokage stepped forward and cleared his throat "Before I tell you about what the third exam entails, I want to explain something about the test itself. I am going to tell you the true purpose of these exams" At this point I really couldn't be bothered to listen. Shiro would just explain everything to me later on.

__________________________

"Lord Hokage, before you do. Please allow me, Hayate Gekko appointed as proctor for the third exam to speak first" A man with a bandana on was kneeling in front of us candidates. This was what I heard when I tuned back in. Whateve this Hayate guy has to say would probably be important. "So be it" Hokage stated with a rusty voice. "It's nice to meet you all.." Hayate had a small coughing session "Urr.. we have to have a preliminary exam before we move onto.. the real one"
"Just what do you mean by that?" Shikamaru exclaimed. "Sorry sensei, But I really don't see the point. Why can't we just move on to the real exam?" This time it was Sakura. I sighed 'They'll never change huh?' Shiro chuckled and shook her head - no.

"Urr.. well the fact is, we never expected so many of you to still be here. According to the ruled of the exams, a preliminary round may be held at any stage, in order to reduce the number of candidates remaining. It's just that at this stage, we have to speed things up a bit" Most of the candidates had annoyed and frustrated expression whilst I smirked. "If any of you feel as though you are not in top, physical condition, now the chance to.." I sweat-dropped as our proctor had another coughing fit.

"Sorry about that. As I was saying, any of you who don't feel up to this, now's the time for you to back out. The preliminaries will be starting immediately"
"Cmon! You mean right now!?" Kiba yelled angrily.
"We just finished barely surviving the last exam, don't we get a break?" Ino spoke up, her shoulders dropping.

"The winners will be determined by one on one combat, sudden death. So, if there's anyone who doesn't feel up to it, now's the time to raise your hand" No one raised their hands.
"Ok. We will now begin the preliminary round. This round will consist of one on one individual combat, full battle intensity. This is not an exercises. There are 22 of you remaining, so that means there will be 11 matches. The surviving candidates from these 11 matches will advance to the third exam. There are no rules. I might occasionally intervene if the match seems hopeless, to save as many lives as possible. Now it's time to reveal what fate has been chosen for you" Hayake glanced up to a screen on the wall. "The names of each pair of opponents are chosen at random. Before each match, these names will appear on the display behind me. Lets begin!"

All of the candidates names flashed through the screen in orange. We awaited anxiouse as to who would be fighting first. It stopped. "Those whose names have been drawn, come forward" Hayate called out.

I smirked and took a step to the front. At the same time, kabuto had as well. "You have been chosen for the first match. Kabuto Yakushi and Suki..." He trialled of not knowing my surname. "Any objections?" I shook my head - no. "None at all" Kabuto stated, the edge of his lips pulling up into a smirk. "Alright, lets begin the first match. Everyone else make your way to the upper level"

"Good luck Suki-chan!" Naruto called as he, Kakashi and every other person cleared the area. However, I noticed Sakura and Sasuke stayed behind. I walked up to them and tilted my head in confusion. "What's wrong?" "We want you to drop out Suki" I narrowed my eyes "And why would I do that?" Sasuke stepped up, grabbed my arm and pulled up the sleeve "This is why! This mark, I have a bad feeling about it" I sighed and then smirked "This? This is nothing. It isn't dangerous.. nope.. not at all. Anyway, just go up and watch my match!" Sakura sighed and pulled me into a hug "Fine.. but be careful" I nodded and she walked away. "Go on Sasuke. It's not like you to worry" I winked and he grunted before walking off.