Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Recap

And so, as they sat down a few hundred meters below the basement level, Shino portrayed everything that was going on above. It was more than worrying for the three genin as Shino finished. Kakashi and Sasuke were facing their own battles and Suki was on her own facing her past, what with Toshi showing up and all.

"W-what should w-we do?" Hinata asked, her eyes fluttering towards the ceiling every now and then. She didn't like doing nothing as her friends were in trouble.

Neji gazed at Shino and the two shared a nod, as though silently communicating to each other, before turning back to his cousin and smirking cooly.

"We go to their rescue, of course"

X~Story Start~XQ

*Still with Shino, Neji and Hinata*

"B-but first... h-how do we get o-out?" Hinata asked in her usual shaking voice, eyes on the muddy ground in embarrasment. Shino agreed with the bluenette, showing it with a shake of his head. Even he didn't know how he could get himself (and them) out of their situation. 

Neji rolled his eyes 'It's as if i'm the only one in this place with a working brain.' His eyes scanned the cramped space they were stuck in. It took a few seconds, but he finally figured it out. 

"Easy. We punch our way out"

Two blank and quesiontable stares caught his and he sighed. Pointing to the top of the deep whole, Neji began his explanation.

"Scanning the entrance with my byakuran, I noticed that it's composed out of copper. Copper is one of the weakest metals and even thinking of making a trap door out of it in the world of the shinobi is idiotic." The two nodded in agreement. It was definitely a stupid decision. "Now, about how we get out. First, Hinata".

The shy girl startled at hearing her name and blushed a light pink. "We need your water element. Water will soften the copper door and after that, all we need is a strong left hook before we're free. It's as simple as that. Even the idiot Naruto could come with something like this." Oke, that was giving the blond more credit then he deserved, Neji decided. 

But Hinata was partially worried with the plan. Sure she had the nature element of water, but she had yet to learn how to use it. It'd been under a month since she'd began learning techniques and still hasn't been able to complete a D rank yet alone a C rank (which was much needed for the plan).

Neji noticed her hesitance and rolled his eyes gracefully (how that is
even possible, I don't know).

"This is a life and death situation Hinata. Just do it like we practised.”
"R-right” She had to at least try her best, for them and for Suki; they comrade who needed their help.

She stood up in the already cramped space, making it even less possible to move, and pressed her hands together to form the correct hand signs: ram, tiger, ox, snake, ram. She concentrated harder then she'd ever concentrated before and compressed as much of her chakra to her stomach and hands.

"Water release: water bullet"

And out shot a raging torrent of icy blue water, it's form lighting up the cramped space as though the sun itself was shining down upon them. The liqued crashed into the copper entrance above and surprisingly, not only did it just damped the substance - it had such a force to it that it managed to break through as though a knife sliding through skin. 

To say it was a shocker was an understatement. No one spoke. Neji was surprised, as was Shino. But the most in shock was the culprit herself; Hinata never thought she'd be able to perform a technique as quickly and as powerful as that one. A smile lit up her face and her cheeks blushed a cherry red as the two boys glanced from her to the ceiling.

Finally, Neji spoke.

"I'm impressed Hinata. For it to be so powerful when never even used before... well done." 

Shino nodded at her in agreement with the Hyuuga prodigy. 'So embarrassing...' But she was happy for the complment as Neji barely ever gave them out; zeldom to her.

As though snapping out of a stupor, Neji stood up. 

"Now all there is to do, Is clime out and get to the others. Let's just hope we're not too late."

*With Suki*

Hiroshi swung at me full-force; a kunai poised at my stomache and a kick coming from the side. I had but two options: take the kunai and evade the kick which would surely break a ribb or two, or accept the kick and not get stabbed (which would probably lead to myself bleeding to death). Decided that I didn't want either, I went for plan C.

I grabbed a hold of the oncoming wrist and hauled myself up and over his body. My right hand gripped onto Hiroshi's shoulder and as I landed behind him, I held onto him with as my strength as I could muster and threw him over me. As expected, he wasn't deterred and simply flipped mid-air. Skin marks were created at the force of his landing, showing just how difficult it was to stop himself from tripping up.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Hiroshi chuckled; no, more

like he outright laughed in that own sadistic way of his. I didn't see how he could find this amusing."You should know by now that such weak attacks wouldn't work on me, my dear. Just give up and hand me the stone."

"Never. -" I sneered, my lips pulled back like that of a rabid dog in a rage, my teeth (pointed and sharp) willing to dig down deep into his throat just to kill him in such a violant mannor. "-and you should know by now that I wouldn't give up, no matter what."

"Have it your way. I'll kill you in a most splendidly painful way, whole letting your friends watch. How does that sound?"

"Tsh, don't get your hopes up!" And with that last note, I charged; this time, it was my turn to change the tempo.

Flipping out three kunai, I threw them all swiftly in his direction. However, I knew that it was only childs-play to him and just simple tricks wouldn't work; I would have to bring out the big guns. Creating a distraction was just the beginning.

"Bunshin no jutsu!" I shouted and two clones appeared on each side of me. I gave each clone a nod, signalling what they had to do. There was no need for words when it was me whom I was planning with. 

With one clone rushing forward from the right and the other from the left, I accepted that my plan was now in motion; first things first, distract Hiroshi from the real me - it wouldn't be easy. The two clones were there to bide me some time to get everything ready. Second, set up the trap. For that, I'd need wires and a lot of it. But at least my two clones would get that part fown along the way. 

Why would I need wires? Well, it's all a part of the plan.

My clones, along with distracting Hiroshi, would place invisible wires all around him therefore containing the enemy in one place. Now, this wouldn't hold him for long so the wires would have paper bombs folded around it in many different places. I knew it wouldn't take long for him to figure it out, but that much time wasn't needed. I just required a few mere seconds.

In that time, I would summon Shiro in schyth form. Never had I used Shiro in her weapons form before and never had I planned to. But since it would probably be our last time fighting together, I wanted us to go out with a bang, together until the end.

From where I stood, I could almost clearly see the glint of the wires in the light along with the smoke that was surrouding them. The seconds I needed where here.

Quick as a flash -as the bombs went off- I shouted "Ryuu summoning jutsu: Shiro Ogama!"

A gust of white smoke now englufed me form and as everything became clear once again, I was seen standing there with a beautiful white schyth in my hands. It's blade as white as snow and cracked up purposely making it look as though it could break like a thin sheet of ice. A blue jem shone from the handle and I admired the way it reflected my eyes. The blade talons at the enge of the blade keen and seething for blood. A black piece of material wrapped halfway down the stick from the part where the blade met it - some sort of language that even I couldn't recognise encrypted onto it.

It was one of the most beautiful weapons I had ever seen and I was now, more than ever, proud to have someone like Shiro by my side.

'Are you ready Shiro?'

'Of course, I always have been. Lets end this for once and for all, Lady Cael' Her voice was as soft and soothing as ever and I realised that, once this was all over, I would miss her the most.