Frienamies

Ahhh. So much to do, so little time. I think I've found the perfect Parker. Let me know what ya'll think.

I'll be posting a link to the Pinterest Board I've created for Golden Bonds, if I can stop getting distracted. It's so easy to get lost in the app.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE.

Love you guys.
NJ
XOXO
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Someone was scratching on the bars, tugging on the chain around my wrist. My arm jerked towards the cage door but I ignored it. It wasn't time yet. Garrett wouldn't send his wolves for me so soon. He liked to keep them away from me, make them beg. It always made it worse for me when he did let them have me but at least I got a few days of peace.

"Hey." The chain on my wrist pulled again. "Hey."

I rolled my head not having the energy to lift myself up. It was the new wolf. Zed or Zac. No, no it was Zeek. The pack had been in a particularly spirited mood last night. As their favorite form of entertainment I hadn't healed yet.

This time they took bets on how long it would take me to pass out from pain. I dodged, fighting back as they took turns aiming a silver loaded bb gun at me. Some of the pellets were still buried in my skin. Not enough to kill me but it hurt like the devil as they festered out. My collar bone felt broken, hopefully it was only fractured. Garrett hadn't sent food down so I was healing slower and the silver made it worse. He was going to let the new wolf take me already?

The man tugging on the chain had stood next to the escalator with a bored expression on his face watching them play target practice on me. He never stepped forward to take his turn shooting at me but he didn't take his eyes off me either. I'd known there was a new dominant wolf who might be joining the pack but they weren't allowed to tell him about me until Garrett was ready to show off his pet.

Zeek hadn't been impressed and did nothing to defend me. None of the pack did. I'd lost track of how long I'd been here. Months, maybe a year; sometimes I tried to keep track of the days or weeks but eventually I stopped. When I didn't play along with their games the pack turned vicious. I'd lose days left unconscious in my cage. They never let me outside so I hadn't kept track of the seasons much.

If the opportunity presented itself I tried to escape. I'd made it out of the building once but if I remembered what had happened I'd lose my nerve the next time I saw my chance. The Alpha wasn't the only one who punished me for that one. It was summer when I'd gotten out, by the time I was allowed to heal well enough to know what was happening the basement had grown cold. Garrett was creative in his ways of punishing me for trying to get away but I always kept watch for the next chance. I'd learned early on it was best to play this along when there wasn't one. Defiance would send the pack into a frenzy. It was bad. My wolf and I couldn't help ourselves sometimes. When we refused Garrett lost it.

The number of pack members was still unknown to me. It fluctuated too much to keep a tally. They killed off as many wolves as they made. Dominant wolves killed off any threats to their position, and if they were bored they attacked the weaker ones. The Hispanic man I'd first encountered died the next week when the full moon rose and the shift took over.

"Parker." Zeek wasn't going to stop, not until I gave him the attention he wanted. My wrist tugged towards the cage door.

I whimpered. There was no point not to. It was too soon. I needed another day, at least one.

Zeek whined. "No, don't be scared of me. I'm not going to hurt you."

That's what they all said, in the beginning.