Sensory Overload

Double entry's because I haven't updated in so long. Sorry guys, my life has been crazy but I will make it up to you.

Happy Reading.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!

Love
NJ Kuhr
xoxo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comfort can be such a strange thing. Needless to say I got a bit too comfortable in Laurel's cabin. I was good as new thanks to her mad skills. When I first arrived at the ranch I hated eating around the others. They stared. My bones healed fine but I avoided eating with the pack until Bash told me why. I was thin to the point of concern and the pack didn't like it. Watching me eat comforted them and reassured them that I would be alright. It was still unnerving but he had a point and they didn't feel as oppressive as they had before.

Once I was free to move around Bash gathered everyone to initiate me officially into the pack. I was awkward and jumpy. It didn't inspire a lot of people to talk to me. Zeek was good at distracting everyone and keeping the strange looks and stares away.

Inside the pack house the bottom level had a large lounge area and a dining hall. A few spare rooms down a hall for temporary guest. Multiple sofa sets spread around to inspire conversation in the great room. A huge tv hung over the mantle of a fireplace I could stand in which was surrounded by a huge U-shaped white leather couch large enough for a dozen people.

We stood in front of the fire place while the pack filled the house watching. I knew it was pointless trying to keep myself still but I made an effort. There were humans among the pack, mates and family of werewolves who knew about us. They wouldn't see it but the werewolves would notice the quiver that held my body strung tight. Bash said a few words but I barely registered what he was doing with the buzzing of anxiety in my ears. He turned to me and sliced a quarter's sized disk of flesh from his forearm.

"Parker Westwood, welcome to the Wasatch Pack. Yours to mine, mine to yours. Pack."

"Pack." Everyone echoed.

My voice was low and shaky, a second later then everyone else. "Pack. Yours to mine, mine to yours." I hadn't been told what to say but something was guiding me. The Moon maybe, the Goddess of werewolves they all talked about.

Bash raised the bloody disk nose level and held it out for me. I leaned forward and took it into my mouth. It tasted both sweet and delicious but a part of me was nauseated. A bit of his blood dripped from my lips down my chin.

Bash reached out and caught the drop before it fell. The back of his finger slid up my chin to my lips collecting the trickle of blood. His eyes gold and silver bright with something I wasn't willing to name. I couldn't look away when he pulled his finger to his mouth and sucked the blood off. My knees felt weak and a blush bloomed across my cheeks.

I swallowed forgetting all about his flesh in my mouth. Gem was giddy with happiness and yipped excited reminding me about the people watching us. The burst of pack bond rushed into me as the voices of nearly eighty werewolves cried Welcome inside my head. It was bizarre and intrusive yet embracing and friendly. I was wanted. Then the rush of their emotions crashed into me like a tsunami. Bash caught me before I could crack my head open on the stone mantle.

A few hours later I was dazed and confused back at Laurel's cabin and able to function somewhat though I struggled trying to figure out what I was seeing and hearing and what was the pack.

Lying on one of the patient beds I was able to see and understand what was going on around me instead of what was going on inside of everyone else's minds. The burst of so many voices, feelings and images had short circuited the pack bond. It took some getting used to and some adjusting on my part before I was able to push the pack bonds down and only access them when I wanted to.