Challenges and Cartwheels

Part one of two on todays upgrade. I realized that posting dble chapters messes up the numbers. It makes people accidently skip over chapters so many of you might want to go back and check to see if there are chapter that you haven't read. That might help with any confusion.

Also, I've gone a little pinterest crazy and created boards for all of my novels. If you are interested my pinterest is njkuhr9 It may have got a little crazy. Thank you all for such great comments and feedback. I have the best readers ever.

I'll leave you all to more important things. Like Parker and Bash.

Happy Reading.

Love
NJ Kuhr
XOXO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nerves and excitement mixed in my stomach. None of the pack had seen my wolf. I'd never allowed her to shift in front of anyone. Not since Phoenix. The first full moon after a werewolf's been changed the shift can't be avoided, to reject the shift meant death.

I'd been chained to the concrete at the base of Garrett's escalator. With the entire pack there to watch Garrett make me eat a slice of his flesh. The Moon wouldn't force the bond, pack or mate, on a wolf unwanted. Shifting however, the first shift was hers. The most excruciating pain built into every cell in my body as she made me shift.

    I knew what my wolf looked like. Garrett had some of the wolves drag out the huge mirror from one of women's bathrooms so I could watch as my bones stretched and snapped reshaping them into the skeleton of a wolf.

Horrified by the growth of fur that burst from my skin, my eyes changing, my nose pushed out into a snout. It hurt, I'd been ripped apart and reformed into something else. It was agony, everything was sensitive and raw. When it was over I could see Gemini through our eyes reflected in the mirror. I tried to reach out to her to let her know I was still there. We were both panicking.

    She is beautiful. Her fur shimmers, luminescent. The color is a soft rich gold, not a tawny or brownish gold. She's iridescent Champaign, a golden shower of sunlight.