Tribunal

YAY UPDATES!!! Sorry my lovelies, I meant to post this last night but got sidetracked. Thank you all for such amazing comments and for voting. Golden Bonds has been nominated for the STARSTRUCK_AWARDS awards!! I don't know how the voting works but check it out. Still trying to figure out this wattpad thing.
Thanks
Lots of Love

NJ Kuhr

xoxo

Happy reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The stairs were uneventful. Only anxious nerves, a combination of Zeek being so close and my stomach rolling when I thought he might drop me. He held onto the end of the bed, holding it high above his head as Laurel carried the head, keeping me level as they climbed. Wes had a half dozen men form a guard around me; three in front, two behind with himself and one other on either side.

"Why is he having us come in when everyone else is already there? Won't that draw attention?"

Wes surprised me. He was one of Bash's fourths. For all his large build, sandy hair and sky blue eyes he was the most inconspicuous man I'd met. In a room full of dominant men he didn't stand out. Something he used to his advantage, no one would see it coming. His men treated him with respect and obedience. That was the biggest indicator that he had the kind of aggression needed to keep his position.

He didn't answer right away, scanning the large passageway of the third floor. Laurel pushed the gurney towards the restaurant. The buzz coming from all the people already inside echoed towards us. "Bringing you inside last will disguise your scent. The restaurant is full of werewolves so they won't be able to smell an Omega as easily with so much clogging the air disturbing their senses."

"What's an Omega?"

No one answered. I looked at Zeek who was suddenly interested in the view of bare empty desert. I forced air out my nose. "Do I smell different than other werewolves?"

"Yes. You have a very distinctive scent." Wes looked towards the stands as we passed an opening watching for an ambush.

"I smell like an Omega." Again, nothing. With each unanswered question I had ten more. I wanted to grab Wes by the neck and shake him until he told me everything I wanted to know. It was hopeless. Wes could unwrap my hands as easily as a scarf if I tried. "Do the other packs know about me? Do they know I'm an Omega?"

The silence was answer enough. No. Bash didn't tell the other Alpha's I was an Omega. I wondered how he was going to keep that a secret. My suspicion grew, whatever being an Omega was had more to do with the other Alpha's wanting me in their pack than their desire to protect lone females.

There was a balcony that over looked the restaurant. A wall of broken and missing windows left the entire field and disrepair of the track on display. The dominance in the air was pungent. Men from three different packs crammed into one space had everyone on edge. My own scent paled under so much aggression. We were given a corner of the balcony at the front so I could see well enough.

Eight men from Garrett's pack, handcuffed with silver chains bolted to the floor, kneeled in a line. Eight out of fifty. There was a surge of vindication when I saw what was left of Garrett's pack. He and Aaron the only scary wolves left alive. The others had died in the raid or been executed because their wolves were too far gone.

Bradley wasn't here. He wouldn't have let anyone take him alive. I knew I'd been right in wanted to be here to witness this. A deep righteousness settled into my bones at the thought of Bradley being defeated and killed. Something tense and awful eased from my soul. A poison corroding my will to live. I was free of him. I was safe from ever feeling his touch, hearing the lewd and horrible things he enjoyed telling me in detail before he did them. He would never rule over my body again.