RUN!

DUN DUN DUN. What's going to happen?

Happy Reading.

Love
NJ Kuhr
XOXO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After two nights of nothing happening people began to return to their normal schedules. Bash didn't want people driving to or from pack lands by themselves but that was the largest change. Jake was showing signs of healing but it was slow. Laurel was worried about waking him up so we still didn't know what happened.

On the third night I went back to Laurel's cabin. The recliner was not the most comfortable way to sleep and I was falling behind on some research Laurel asked me to collect for her.

She wanted to figure out how to do DNA research on werewolves. I didn't know the medical technicalities but I could figure out who did know and what they used. She wanted to know if there was a way to identify a werewolf in our blood and compare it to a human's.

If there were indicators in our DNA the need to bring us out to the public would be more substantiated. Technology was making it harder for us to hide. If our blood had any qualities that were different than humans it was going to have to be sooner rather than later. If there weren't any differences we could stay hidden longer.

Sitting in an empty doctor's office creeped me out so I took the laptop into the kitchen and nibbled on left over lasagna while I worked

Sitting in an empty doctor's office creeped me out so I took the laptop into the kitchen and nibbled on left over lasagna while I worked. Reading over a medical journal trying to identify what equipment they were using in a study that sounded close to what Laurel wanted when something caught my eye. I looked up towards the large windows.

I'd kept the lights off so I could see the thick forest that took up the view. There was nothing out there so I went back to the website. A couple of minutes later I caught myself jerking back towards the window again.

Bash knew I was here and the patrols were still walking the perimeters. He'd send someone to walk around the cabins every hour or so. His need for control and the desire to keep me safe would make him send someone or come himself to check on me eventually.

The scratching sound made me jump. There were trees along one side of the house. I ignored it as wind rustled the tree tops outside until I heard it again but coming from the other side. Something thumped near the front corner of the doctor's office. The porch curled around so there weren't any trees to brush up against the siding on that side of the cabin.

Gem stood up cocking her ears to listen better. Something soft brushed up against the siding. It was so subtle I couldn't tell where it was coming from or if I was freaking myself out. I knew raccoons liked to harass cabins and other properties that bordered the forest lands but those critters avoided werewolves. They stayed away from pack homes.

When I heard it a second time at a different window I knew it wasn't my imagination. I set the computer on the counter and got up. There was nothing in the back or in the trees that I could see so I headed towards the front of the house. I paused at the door listening but didn't hear anything. The pack was always careful to announce themselves before coming up to me. It would have been in very poor taste to sneak up and scare me on purpose.