Power Play

Sorry for the delay in updates. I've been on vacation and just never stopped exploring to sit down and connect to the internet. So I'm posting an uber-long chapter and I'll make it up to you guys with extra post this week.

Happy Reading.

Love
NJ Kuhr
XOXO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was no question as to what the werewolves felt when I unleashed the Omega on them. Bash had thoroughly and effectively left me feeling the peaceful buzz that weighed me down with blissful satisfaction. This was the happy serenity that I could give to him. I felt giddy or drunk on it as I rolled over to burry my face in his pillow and smell his scent. I couldn't feel fear or panic in this room. Bash had loved away the scars.

I knew they would return once I left and with that in mind I was reluctant to get out of bed. Maybe I would wait for him here. He knew where I was, that I was enjoying replaying our night together; the feel of his calloused hands on my skin, his never ending endurance.

Our mate bond flared when Bash caught what I was thinking about. I knew he was in the pack house but I could feel him chuckling through the bond. He sent me a playful growl for distracting him when I recalled both of us sitting up face to face, me straddling his lap, his lips on his mark with my arms around his head, fingers knotted in his hair as I rode him. We were hot. Like really, really hot. I mean porn star, earth shattering, mind blowingly hot.

Bash was amused and turned on trying not to laugh out loud when I compared us to porn stars. He showed me what he was doing while I was sending him inappropriate images. Back at the table they used as a base of operations surrounded by his top lieutenants trying and failing to keep the smile off his face. People were everywhere and Lance was under the impression he had all of Bash's attention.

Sending him an apology we both knew wasn't sincere I crawled out of bed. If it wasn't for that damn psychopath I would send dirty thoughts and provocative suggestions to Bash until he came back to bed. I wouldn't have let him out of bed in the first place.

"Goddess above, Bradley had better suffer endlessly for this." I muttered as I took a quick shower and found some clothes. There were going to be people coming from other packs today. I found a pair of black slacks that looked professional and didn't show blood stains in the event Laurel needed my help. Tucking in the maroon blouse with capped sleeves I headed out the door.

Michael was waiting for me on Bash's front stoop. He was taken back when I gave him a broad smile. The Omega was strong today. I'd pulled it in as much as I could but there was too much joy in me to lock it down completely. That combined with the pack being used to my solemn isolation Michael wasn't prepared to see me skipping out of Bash's house like I was staring in a Dick Van Dyke musical. The only thing missing were dancing penguins.

"Hello, Michael." I chimed trying not to snicker at his stunned expression. I turned toward the pack house and got a few steps ahead before he was able to shake his head and catch up to me.

He cleared his throat. "Bash insisted that you be accompanied if he was unavailable."

I turned to give him a short nod. "I figured he would. Don't worry, Michael. I'm sure all of this will resolve itself soon enough and you won't have to babysit me. I hate that I've brought all of this on the pack."

"Don't go blaming yourself." His tone insistent. "Not a single member of the pack has ever thought this was because of you. We all know who's to blame. Garrett should-ave asked for help when he started losin control. There are Alphas and packs that could-ave assisted him. The Europeans didn't take care of Bradley when they had the chance as they should. If anythin our pack is glad you're here with us. We're more suited and better trained to handle this than most packs. Bradley would-ave had an easier time gettin to you if you were somewhere else. We're family here and are damn proud that you're ours."