02 | cherry blossoms

Dana

"Halmoni, I'm home!" I sang cheerfully as I began to walk inside our house. This house did not changed at all. It still looks beautiful although it was built decades ago. Even if we're at Busan, I can still feel the California vibes here because of my halmoni's house.

"Dana? is that you?" a small smile escaped on my face as soon as I heard my halmoni's voice.

"Yeah it's me," I chuckle.

"Oh my! Dana sweety, I missed you!" She exclaimed before giving me a warm tight hug which I returned.

"How was your flight? You're probably jetlagged. You should take a rest first," I nod at her statement. It's true that I'm quite jetlagged spending long hours on the plane.

"Yeah, maybe I should and I missed you too!"

I kissed her on her cheek before I made my way upstairs. Oh how I missed my room. I still can remember those days when I played with my friends at the play room.

When I was a kid, I wasn't allowed to go out because my halmoni was quite strict back then. She never let me out of the house thinking that there might be some kidnappers lingering around. She was so overprotective but I loved it.

The only reason how I played with my friends? Since I'm not allowed to go out, they were the ones who will go to my house to play with me. They are so kind to me and I love them.

Those days are one of the happiest days of my life.

I put my bag on the bed. I think I'll just unpack later as I didn't bring much clothes because I mostly spend holidays with my halmoni and I left almost all of my clothes here so I guess it's fine to bring only some of my new clothes and some of my shoes.

It just feels weird that instead of feeling tired and all because of the long flight, I feel like wanting to go out and take some pictures.

Without hesitation, I went to the bathroom to take a shower. I just figured out I'd go out and explore busan because it's been months since I've last seen this place and might as well take a look on it and see if there's any changes.

-

"Halmoni! I'll take a walk outside, alright? I'll be back before dinner," I say, taking my polaroid camera with me before heading out.

I stroll down the alley I used to walk before when I first got here. There's a lot of changes actually. There are new stores and they had already built a park here. before, there's only an abandoned building and an old mart but now busan changed into something new, I guess.

The view itself looks beautiful too. I see kids running and playing with their dads while their moms are watching. I smile as I take my camera out.

1 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . . click!

What a beautiful picture. I took the photo out and put it inside my bag. I take one more glance at the park before walking away. Aside from the new park, there are also new stores. There are like, three of them. Before there was only one. I guess busan had changed so much.

I continue walking until I reached a place full of beautiful cherry blossom trees. I picked one from the ground as I stare at it in awe. I thought about taking a picture of myself with the cherry blossom tree behind me so I take out my camera and took a shot of myself, I also took a picture of the beautiful cherry blossoms too.

I continued to roam around; admiring every place I see. Everything has been quite fun, I love how they decided to open a Japanese restaurant near our house because restaurants are a little bit far from where I live. I swear Japanese foods are to die for. Raw salmon is one of my favourite, but I don't know why Hansol hates it. He said 'it's too gross' and that raw fish tastes like shit.

Well, he's dumb for not actually liking it. While I was roaming around the streets, I saw a guy standing in front of a building which I think is where he lives.

He was standing there, holding his phone and staring at it. I don't know what he's looking at but man, that face is what I can only stare at. He is so damn handsome.

My hands started to move on it's own, taking my camera and flashing it right into the guy. I don't care if it made a sound but what matters the most is his handsome face.

Just as I was about to walk away, I heard him calling me.

"Hey, miss!"