18 | untold truth

Third Person

"Wow, Soobin, you're so mean like, really mean," Dana said, rolling her eyes at Soobin after hearing his mom's story. She didn't expect it to be like that. Although she doesn't really remember that happening, she feels a little annoyed at Soobin for being so mean to her.

But why was she crying though? And why was Soobin crying too? She wanted to ask those questions but she feels shy as Minseo already told her too much. She doesn't wan't to make his mom feel tired of telling her about her past. They came here to eat, not to reminisce.

"I agree. I was really shocked to see you crying, I don't even know if you're crying because Soobin bumped into you or if there was another reason," Minseo said, chuckling. There was a moment of silence for a while, neither of them are uttering a word.

Dana kept thinking about what his mom had said. Is there really another reason why she was crying at that time? Well, if there is then what was it?

Soobin noticed the awkward silence so he cleared his throat. "Oka—" Soobin was cut off by his mom who suddenly clapped her hands.

"Oh right! I brought a champagne for the both of you, It's a gift from me. Also, Audrianna, thank you so much for eating dinner with us. It's been years since I've seen you hanging out with my family and I'm really happy you came," Minseo smiled at Dana. She nodded her head and smiled too.

Years? Did she hang out with her family before? All she knows is that she was never allowed to go out her house. Hansol and Soobin are usually the ones who came to her house to play. Also, they were kids at that time. What was Minseo trying to say?

"Okay, uh thank you for the champagne Mom. It's getting late, I think we should go home now," Soobin said, looking a bit nervous.

"Oh right. It's getting a bit late. Sandra, please clean the table," Minseo told the maid as she fix herself before standing up. Dana and Soobin did the same. It's not really that late yet. It's just that Soobin wants to go home already.

He doesn't want to stay in his mom's house any longer because seeing his mom with Dana makes him remember about what happened that day. It makes him sick.

Dana was told to stay in the living room to wait for Soobin while he gets baby Kai. She sat quietly on the couch while looking around. There are a lot of pictures displayed at Minseo's house but what caught her eye is the huge portrait of Minseo with she assumes, her family.

She stared closely at the picture and she noticed that there are two boys beside Minseo. One is wearing a light blue shirt whilst the other is wearing a dark one. The boy in dark blue shirt looks like Soobin . . . But who was the other boy?

Meanwhile, Soobin went upstairs to get Kai. His mom is with him, talking about some stuffs. His mom is usually a talkative person and he really didn't like that because he was more of a "i'll only talk to you if i want to." person.

"So, how was Audrianna?" Minseo asked Soobin who is currently changing Kai's diaper. Luckily, Kai wasn't crying because he usually cries when changing his diaper making it hard for Soobin but today's different.

Soobin ignored his mom and continued to do his work. He doesn't really want to talk to Minseo. After his brother passed away, he started to hated her and wouldn't talk to her for months. He thinks that everything happened because of his mom and after all these years, he still wouldn't forgive her.

"Soobin honey, are you still mad at me?" His mom asked again after getting no reply from him. She doesn't understand him at all. It's been years already and he should just forget about it.

Why can't he just move on from it? But no, everything's been hard for Soobin ever since it happened; he couldn't eat for weeks. He tried to forgive Minseo, but he just couldn't.

"Why won't you leave me alone? No, leave Dana alone. If you're doing this because you're expecting me to forgive you, then stop. I won't and will never forgive you for what you did," Soobin said, giving his mom a cold look before carrying the baby in his arms. He was about to leave the room when his mom started talking again.

"You're still blaming me for your brother's death? It's been years, Soobin! Why can't you accept the fact that I didn't do it! You know that girl was the one to blame. She was the last person you're brother talked to before he died!" His mother shouted in anger.