04 | worst thanksgiving

Dana

It has been a week since I encountered the guy who accused me as his stalker. I don't really have problems on him calling me that but what I'm feeling nervous about right now is him calling me by my surname.

I mean, yeah there's a possibility that he knows me because I'm an actress but, still, I don't feel so good about him. What if he posts me online? What if he told everyone that I'm his 'stalker'?

That shouldn't happen because it can somewhat ruin my reputation. And besides, Cole will probably get angry at me. Speaking of Cole, we talked last night on the phone. He told me that he will come here tomorrow after thanksgiving which I, soon agreed although I wanted him to celebrate thanksgiving with me.

This will be our first thanksgiving without each other's presence and I'm feeling really sad about it. For the past three years, we have been celebrating thanksgiving together with his family. But today, I decided to celebrate it with halmoni since I haven't celebrated thanksgiving with her for the past three years.

Today is Sunday. And I don't really know what to do today because halmoni left to buy the ingredients for the food she'll cook. People love celebrating thanksgiving, but not me. I only love thanksgiving when I'm with either halmoni, Cole, or Hansol.

I grew up without my parents by my side. That's why I kind of envy people celebrating thanksgiving with their moms and dads, because I grew up not having one.

Halmoni said that my mom had died after giving birth to me. She told me that my mom is an awesome woman that's why dad fell in love with her. Ugh growing up with no parents sucks but I'm grateful because I have my halmoni by my side.

"Dana! Can you come down and help me with something?" I hear my halmoni called. What? I did not noticed that she's already home.

I hurriedly put the book I'm reading on the night stand before going downstairs.

"What is it, halmoni?" I mumble while walking down the stairs.

"Dana, could you ca—" My grandma's sentence was abruptly cut off by my loud scream.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" I yell, not expecting mister handsome to be here.

"Why are you shouting?" Halmoni narrows her eyes at me. I closed my eyes, hoping that when I open it again, mister handsome will disappear from my sight.

But no, he's still there; smirking at me. Oh my God, I—why isn't he disappearing?

"Halmoni, why is he here?" I ask, trying not to look at the guy leaning on out kitchen's counter.

"What are you talking about, sweety?" Halmoni asks, looking at me weirdly. I narrow my eyes towards her.

"No, halmoni, what are you talking about?" I retort. I don't get it. Do they have connections or are they somewhat friends? What?

My grandma chuckled so I looked at her weirdly. "My my. Did you forgot already? He's the one who used to go here with Hansol to play with you when you were little. How can you for get that, Dana?" She says, grinning at me.

My mouth falls open. What the hell? How is he my playmate? I don't remember having an asshole in my play room back then. Ugh all of my friends were kind and his attitude is way too far from them.

"What's up, cutie pie? Did you miss me?" My eyes landed on mister handsome who is, apparently, now sitting on the dining chair.

I raised an eyebrow towards him. "Stop calling me 'cutie pie' and no, I don't remember you. In fact, I don't know you," I roll my eyes heavenwards.

I didn't know handsome guys can be really annoying at times.

"Dana, stop being mean to Soobin. He just came by to celebrate thanksgiving with us," Grandma said which made me look at her in horror.

No way I'll be celebrating thanksgiving with him! I'd rather sleep than be with this guy. He's just, so annoying—and handsome.

Okay, shut the hell up, Dana.

"What? Why, why of all people, halmoni?" I ask.

Why can't she just invite Hansol over? I'd be more happy with him being here than having this guy in the house.

"Are you seriously asking me that?" Halmoni says, looking as if she just wants to roll her eyes at me. Good thing she doesn't know how to.

"Yeah. Why?" I gaze at her, completely not understanding what she meant.

"Soobin is Hansol's cousin. How can you forget?" I looked at her in shock. What the fuck? How can someone as annoying as him can be Hansol's cousin? I—

"Alright grandma. Stop playing tricks on me because I swear this isn't funny," I said before rushing out of the kitchen and going upstairs.

This will probably be the worst thanksgiving ever.