12 | the baby

Dana

"We're here," The man on my right says as soon as we got off his car.

I nod at him before making my way out of the car. His house was huge indeed. It's almost as big as our house. It has a huge swimming pool surrounded by red roses. I assume he likes flowers a lot that even his balcony has some flowers.

"Let's go inside," He says. I grab my suitcase and was about to pull it but he stopped me.

"Let me carry it," He said, taking my suitcase away from my hand.

Why do I feel like I've done something wrong? He suddenly starts to act cold towards me and to think that he wanted to carry my suitcase is really weird. Makes me think if he had gone crazy.

I decided to ignore him. I don't know what's up with him but he sure is acting weird today. I eyed him weirdly before walking to the front door. The door was opened by I assume, one of the maids here. I think she's in her mid forty's and looks kind. She smiled at me and I did the same.

"Nori, can you put these in the guest room?" I heard Soobin asked the middle aged woman.

I heard the maid gasp. "I—I'm sorry sir but the guest room is currently occupied by Kai," I saw Soobin's eyes narrowed.

"What? Ugh. Then bring this to my room instead," He said, handling my suit case to Nori.

"Tch. Weirdo," I manage to say before making my way inside.

I'm so tired. I just want to rest and rest and rest. I want to sleep and not wake up. Everything's just so f*cked up right now. I don't know anymore.
-

"Boo!"

"Oh man! Holy sh—"

I jumped when I heard a baby's voice. I was just about to sleep on the couch but now there's a baby in front of me. My eyes widen as I stare at the baby. He was smiling at me widely which creeped me out.

"Kai!" I heard Soobin called. I looked at him wide eyed.

He picks up the baby and glanced at me. Holy sh*t he has a baby?! How come? He's only two years older than me. Two freaking years!

"I—it's not what you think," He said as he looked away. I raised my eyebrows.

"So who's the mother?" I ask, a small smile forming on my lips.

Now it's my turn to annoy you, *sshole.

"Excuse me? He isn't my son," He said, giving me a glare which I returned with a wide grin.

Who would've thought that this annoying guy actually has a kid? And to think that someone actually dated him? That girl must be crazy. Dating someone as annoying as him? I'd rather be single.

"Oh really? But his eyes really resembles yours though," I smirked. I can see Soobin's face turning into a light shade of red. Oh boy, he's probably starting to get angry.

"Shut up, woman! He's not my son you annoying—"

"Cutie?" I smiled. He scoffed, probably feeling disgusted by my reply.

"What? Just accept it. I'm cute,"

"You really love yourself, huh?" He smirks.

I was about to talk back when he turned away, making his way upstairs while carrying the baby.

I wonder who the child's mother is. She's probably really pretty knowing that the baby's nose is more pointed than Soobin. No doubt, the baby looks like a prince because of him.

I sigh before flopping myself on the couch. I'm so tired. Like, literally. I wonder what Cole's doing right now? Did he slept well? Or Is he eating well?

I wonder if he's thinking of me too. He's probably not.

Minutes later, I found myself dozing off. Soobin hasn't come down yet and I assume he's taking care of the baby right now. I eventually got tired of waiting so I decided to have some good sleep.

"Babe! Watch out!" Cole laughed before hugging me to protect me from getting hit by the ball.

"Woah," I exclaimed.

"You're so clumsy, babe. Be careful okay?" He said to me before planting a kiss on my head.

"Hmm I will,"

"Good. Anyway, I have something to tell you," He said, releasing himself from the hug.

I eyed him, waiting for what he's about to say. He suddenly kneeled down, taking something out from his pocket.

My eyes widen at the sight. He . . . Isn't going to do it, is he?

"Dana Jung, I just want you to know how much I love you. Thank you for staying by my side. I love you so much. Will you . . . spend the rest of your life with me?"