16 | afraid to tell

Third Person

Meeting Soobin's mom was like meeting CEO Carter for the first time. Dana can't help but feel nervous. Why was she even feeling this way? It's not like they've never met each other before. In fact, Choi Minseo was like her second mom back then.

She doesn't remember a thing about his mom and the only thing she remembers about her is that she offered her to be the model for their company's new make up brand which sold out quickly after the release.

Dana let out a sigh, she's been sighing for a while now and Soobin seemed to notice her. He knows she feels nervous but what's there to be nervous about? It's his mother they are meeting; the woman who favours her more than him.

Dana is actually Minseo's favorite when they were still young, simply because she's a girl. His mom always wanted to have a daughter but never really had one. Minseo was thankful for having a son, but still having a daughter is different. So when she met little Dana, she immediately fell in love.

She would always bake cookies for Dana, tie her hair in pigtails, and give her cute hair pins. Soobin even thought Dana was trying to steal his mom away from him. But no, Minseo was just really happy to meet little Dana.

-

"Audrianna! I missed you," They were both greeted by Soobin's mom as soon as they arrived at her place. She hugged her as soon as Dana got off the car. Dana hugged her back, although she feels a little awkward seeing her not because of business matters, but as Soobin's mom.

"It's nice to see you, Minseo-sajangnim," She greeted. Minseo let out a chuckle upon remembering how they first met when shooting for their make up brand.

Dana was so shy back then. She thought that she would look ugly in pictures but then her manager, Georgie forced her to do it since it would be worthless.

"Oh no, please call me aunt," The old lady smiled and Dana did the same.

On the other hand, Soobin was suddenly thinking that maybe it was wrong to have her meet his mom. His mom gets kinda talkative when talking to someone she likes and he's afraid she might tell Dana something that she doesn't need to know.

He eyed the two who are happily talking with each other while making their way inside. He sighed, he hoped his mom wouldn't tell her something about the past. Some things aren't meant to be said. Kai was being carried by Dana so, he took the baby's things instead then followed them from behind.

They were immediately guided by the maids to the dining area as soon as they got inside the house. Everything was still the same for Soobin. Nothing's changed; it was still the same house he used to live in. Since Kai was sleeping, he was brought in Soobin's old room to rest while the three went to have their dinner.

"So, how are you?" Minseo asked, smiling. Dana can't help but feel a little creeped out. Why was she suddenly feeling uncomfortable? It's not like they've never met before but meeting her like this is a bit different. She tried to calm herself down, as she repeatedly told herself to act normal.

She faced the woman with a smile, almost like a forced one before she answered; "I'm fine, Mrs. Choi. How about you?"

Soobin on the other hand was busy eating the steak his mom prepared for dinner. Although he seemed like he isn't paying attention, he was lowkey listening to their conversation; hoping his mom wouldn't say something that may bother Dana.

"You know . . . You've grown into a wonderful woman. You're just as pretty as you were when you were a kid," Minseo smiled upon reminiscing about the moments she and Dana had together.

She remembered annoying little Soobin because she knows how much he didn't like it when she's with Dana. He would always walk out whenever he sees them together and wouldn't talk to her for a whole day. God, that was really funny. She thought.

"Yeah yeah, cut with the pretty thing. Anyway, Mom, why'd you suddenly want to have dinner together?" Soobin, suddenly interrupts as he shoved a piece of steak in his mouth.

"Well . . ."