Chapter 1

I don't know what made me want to sleep in his bed last night. Maybe it was the fact that I missed him and wished he hadn't went to Maddy's party without me. Maybe it was the fact that I was unsure about a conversation I had with the boy behind the words that consume me like no other.

Either way, I'm laying in his bed, listening to the rain pound against the window next to me, my eyes tired, yet wide open. He wasn't next to me when I woke up and he hadn't text me the entirety of his evening at the party, which means he probably had no complaints about being there and actually had a good time.

It doesn't bother me that he'd have fun with them. Despite recent events, he's still friends with all of them. Sure, half of them aggravate me to no end and my dislike for them has grown, but he isn't me and he still holds a place within their group.

Wondering if he sent me a text while I was sleeping, I lean over to the nightstand next to me to grab my phone.

Nothing from Harry, but a reply from Boy_Undiscovered makes me click back on our conversation from last night. It was short, but I know somehow it changed everything. The feeling in my gut tells me it did.

Girl_Disconnected:
I think we should meet.

Boy_Undiscovered:
When??

Girl_Disconnected:
I'm not sure, but soon. I think we would have a lot of fun together.

Boy_Undiscovered:
You do?

Girl_Disconnected:
Yes, because you know me better than anyone. There's something about someone knowing all your secrets that makes everything scarier yet more meaningful, I think. And fun. If that makes sense.

Boy_Undiscovered:
True story. Then, fun we shall have. Together. You and me.

Girl_Disconnected:
Soon.

Boy_Undiscovered:
If that's what you want, okay.

I let out a long breath as I reread our conversation from last night and his simple reply from when I was sleeping. I'm still not sure when it is that I would like to meet this boy. Or how it will happen or where. And it's strange to think it was me who suggested it in the first place. 

What was I thinking? I don't even know his name or what he looks like. Clearly my mother never thought to teach me to never meet strangers off the internet. Then again, she didn't teach me much. But I'm usually smarter than this. This is something I never would have thought of doing before. And frankly, the thought of it makes me anxious.

I decide to get out of bed, because the realization of having to study for exams kicks in. I'm thankful that Anne thinks education is more important than money at my age and gave Harry and I the weekend off to make sure we actually pass our classes. And now that I don't live in my parents house, I don't actually need the money to pay dad rent, so it's a win-win.

I'm startled as I walk into the bathroom seeing Harry hugging the toilet, his cheek resting on the seat and his hair falling into his face.

"Oh my God, Harry," I panic. "Are you alright?"

"No." His voice is raspy, clear he has been throwing up. The smell of alcohol mixed with vomit fills my nose, making me cringe.

I run down the stairs to grab the biggest glass out of the cupboard, filling it with water from the fridge with some ice before returning and rummaging through the medicine cabinet to find some aspirin.

"It must have been a wild night," I say quietly, handing him the cold beverage and pills. He leans back against the bath tub and slowly gulps the pills down with his eyes closed.