Chapter 15

There's a lot of confused emotions floating around inside of me, but one thing for certain is that at the moment, I don't care there's a good chance I will regret this tomorrow. Because to be honest, right now it's where I know I should be. I'm not sure if it's to start all over again from the beginning or if it's to say goodbye, but I know that it's something I want to happen, because more than anything I want to remember him just the way he always was with me, before everything changed.

Harry had shown up at my bedroom window just a few hours after I had walked out of his house this afternoon. And as much as I had wanted to slam the window down on his fingers, I didn't. The look in his eyes alone made me understand that I needed to hear him out despite my stubbornness of not wanting to listen.

I felt as though all he ever did to me, was lie. But his actions told me otherwise. And I always said that with him, actions spoke louder than words, and I have been a hypocrite in all of this. He has been doing nothing but trying to prove to me that Maddy was a mistake. He walked me home from the fair, brought me flowers in the hospital, left me alone when I told him to and made my room feel like home again with his mother. The good, in a way, outweighs that one horrible thing he did to me somehow, and so I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and let him explain to me what it is he came over to say, hoping it would be why Maddy was there and why she knew my secret.

"She doesn't know the truth," he told me. "I lied to her. She thinks you were in the hospital with a bad case of pneumonia."

These words alone made me sit down against the wall beside my window. I didn't want to look at him knowing I was so mad thinking he'd so easily tell Maddy the truth, when in fact, he hid it and made something up on my behalf.

But there was a long silence once I was out of his view through the window. A silence that gave me time to wonder what the truth actually was. I so easily believed his words that moment; that he lied to her. When in reality there are so many reasons to believe that he could be lying to me about what he told her just to make him look better. After all, he did have sex with her and tried to hide it from me, and I still didn't know why she was at his house to begin with.

I leaned back up to look out the window, my elbows on the frame, sitting on my knees, his eyes instantly locking with mine. "Why was she over at your house today?" I bluntly asked. "Does she go to your house regularly? Did you hang out with her the whole time I was in the hospital?" My heart was pounding, hating to ask so many questions that didn't seem to be any of my business, but sometimes a girl has to put aside her pride and ask things she needs to know the answers to—Not to be nosy, but to get passed all of this.

"Today was the only time she came over," he answered. "You just happened to witness it, which doesn't surprise me in the least, lately."

"Why was she there?"

"She came to ask why no one was answering their phones," he explained. "She said everyone just stopped talking to her after graduation and she didn't know why."

I stifled a laugh at the thought of karma finally giving her what she deserves, and I wondered if everyone had found out any of the truth and can finally see the kind of person she actually is. "Why aren't they talking to her?"

"Niall said it's because everyone found out about her blog and didn't like most of what was written in it about them," he explained.

"That's why if you write in a blog, you stay anonymous," I said, rolling my eyes. "These idiots know nothing. So, why was she asking about me?"

"She said she went to your house and no one answered," he told me. "She apparently wanted to apologize for everything, and then asked why you weren't at grad and where you were."