Chapter 29

A/N: I posted Chapter 28 a few hours ago, so if you missed it, make sure you go back and read that one first!!
I can't wait to see your comments on this one!!! ♥♥

Seeing Maddy sitting in front of me, brings it all back. Despite the fact her hair is much shorter, I feel like I'm watching that video all over again, she's sitting that close to me. Too close. I try not to look her in the eyes, shifting myself sideways to stretch my legs out and rest my weight on my hands behind me, looking up at the stars.

"I knew I had to come talk to you," she says, after a long silence. "It's the only reason I actually came to this party. When Niall told Kate you were here, and she should come, I knew I had to, too, just to come see you."

"Why?" I ask, finally looking at her. "So, you could make me miserable all over again? So you could rub Harry in my face?"

"No, I actually," she says quickly, shaking her head before she lets out a long breath. "I want to apologize to you."

To this, I actually laugh. She must be delusional if she actually thinks I would forgive her for anything she's done to me. Because there's no way in hell she could say anything that would change my mind about her.

"I never slept with Harry," flies out of her mouth so quickly, I'm not sure I heard her right.

"What?"

"I never slept with Harry" she says again.

"Well, you're going to have explain this one a little better to me," I quip. "Because I saw that video with my very own eyes, and there's no way that's true. So, why even bother trying, Maddy? Who put you up to this? Niall? Kate? Was it Harry? It was Harry, wasn't it?"

"No one put me up to it," she says, rolling her eyes at me. "Yeah, I got a couple ear fulls on people's opinions of me, but it was my own decision to tell you the truth. And the truth is, he never wanted me."

"You're right, he didn't," I quip. "Except that one night."

Maddy lets out a long drawn out breath as if she's annoyed with me, which is just funny, because now she knows how I usually feel. "I can see you're not going to make this easy for me," she huffs. "Let me explain this to you, so you'll actually know I'm telling the truth." She pauses for a second to make sure I'm listening. And even though I am, I refuse to look at her at this particular moment. "Harry hurt me so many times," she finally continues. "He bruised my ego more than once, embarrassed me and played me. I hated what he did to me, and so I wanted to get him back for it all. Plus, I wanted to make you jealous of me. I didn't even know why, but I do now."

"And why's that?"

"Because I knew Harry loved you," she sighs. "I knew it all along. I knew he had a thing for you long before I even started liking him. I saw the way he looked at you and that was probably the reason I wanted him as much as I did. When you like someone, you watch them closely. And you do crazy things to figure them out. Like hack into their computer."

"You're not serious?" I'm looking at her now, with wide eyes. Because really, she can't be serious.

"He has an entire folder on his computer called Jayde," she continues, making my jaw drop. "There's a ton of song lyrics, a few recorded songs and pictures you guys took together in there."

"I can't believe you!" I scream. "Why would you do that? How?"

"I paid a computer nerd to do it for me," she laughs, making me roll my eyes. "Anyways, I hated you for it. Because you had what I wanted so badly. And I don't just mean you had Harry. You had the relationship that I wanted. The perfect kind that every girl wants. I can't even imagine someone writing songs like that about me. And those pictures, you both looked so happy in them. So cute and cuddly, it was kind of disgusting. But who wouldn't want that?"