9.

Fizzy

It was midnight and everyone was fast asleep except for me and Liza of course. We were too scared to even sleep. It made no sense. Nothing made sense. The world and our lives were becoming useless actually day by day. Why did that thing want us to kill someone while it can practically kill someone itself. These thoughts wandered in my head and I looked towards Liza. She was sobbing in her knees. I went up to her and kept my hand on her shoulder in a caring manner. She looked at me and weakly smiled.

"Shhh...it will be alright." I said putting up a fake smile. I tried holding back the tears. Everyone around us was sleeping. Weak and fragile bodies, pale skin and rude behavior. We had been starving and locked up. I felt bad for ourselves. The situation almost did not come out as pity but surrender.

Suddenly the air around us stopped and a chilly wind embraced us and wrapped us. Me and Liza looked at each other in horror and stopped dead in our tracks. Our body started to float in the air and soon everything disappeared around us.  Constant screaming was of no help.

I closed my eyes and by the time I opened them I was trapped in a tornado. It was a freaking cold hurricane, it was snowing inside it. We were jerked here and there and we were going crazy. Liza screamed and soon her screaming fainted with her body. I looked at her and no one could be seen. I closed my eyes and when I opened them I was found in the middle of a desert city. It was a market but no one was there. It was like the ancient Arabia.

Arabia ? How the hell did I end up in Arabia ? From a snowy hurricane to a hot desert in Arabia. My head was spinning. I got up and started walking and limping wherever my feet were taking me. While I was walking I pinpointed a person walking towards me. It was hard to figure out who it was, the figure kept on approaching near and near and soon I was able to see the face crystal clear.

"M-mother ?" I stuttered out. How was it possible that my mom was in Arabia and riding a horse.

" ھمیں جانا ھو گا۔ یہاں بھٹ خترا ھے۔"
(We must go now. Its too dangerous)

I could not understand a thing she was saying. I was bewildered and was wondering does she even recognize me ? Am I still even her daughter, but she has the voice and face of my mother. All of a sudden I felt a sharp pain at the back of my head. I could hear a voice, loud and care.

Kill the first person you see

These words kept on repeating in my head, but that was my mom and now I am hundred and ten percent sure. I can not kill her. My lower lip started to tremble and I almost fell on my knees.

بیٹی تم ٹھیک ھو ؟
(Are you alright, my child ?)

I still could not understand a word she was saying and that made me cry even harder. I walked upto her and hugged her. She had the same scent as my moher and right now I wanted to be in no other place than my own mother's arms.

گھر چلو، سب ٹھیک ھو جائے گا۔
(Lets go home, everything will be fine.)

I could not process what she was saying but by her sincerity in her voice, I could proceed that she was saying some caring words.

She is saying that you are pathetic and you should go away.

The voice spoke in my head and I got rather scared. My mom can not say that can she. I just stood there listening to the voice at the back of my head and trying to take in all the information it was giving me.

She is not your mother. Not here. She wants you to kill her. Take this knife.

Knife ? I looked at my hand and it was glowing and soon enough there was a bright blue light. I looked at her and saw a sharp and long knife. I gulped at the image of seeing the bloodshed of my mother, but I had to do it. My heart kept on telling me 'you can't kill your mom. She gave birth to you. She is your mom. She was always there for you when no one else was. She cared for you. She helped you.'

These words kept on spinning in my mind but I  could not concentrate because of the voice at the back of my head. I rose the knife at the level of her neck and tears started to fall out. My heart was pounding. I am killing my own mother.

یے تم کیا کر رھی ھو ؟ میں تمھاری ماں ھوں۔
(What are you doing ? I am your mother.)

Like always I could not picture what she was trying to say. I was scared.

Your mother is begging for death. Yeah that is what she is saying.

I gulped. Confused whether to believe his words or not ? It seemed impossible and my mind was spinning and hurting me. My mom stood there paralysed with fear sparkling in her eyes. I brought the knife closer to her neck.

میں نہیں جانتی کہ تم کیا کر رھی ھو۔ مگر یہ یاد رکھنا کہ تم میری بیٹی ھو اور میںتم سے بہت محبت کرتی ھوں۔
(I dont know why you are doing this, but remember , you are my daughter and I love you dearly.)

The voice spoke in my head again. I could not understand anything she was saying and my heart was beating loudly, I was confused.

She is saying she hates you and you were an insult to the family and she wants you to kill her.

How could my mother think like that ? How could she hate me and how was I an insult to the family?  She wants me to kill her ? She has it. I rose the knife and sliced her throat apart. That sight made me cringe. She fell on the floor and I bent down next to her.

Fooled you.

Fooled me ? That fucking bastard fooled me ? I killed my own mother.