10

Liza

The storm ended and I fell on the ground. My head was throbbing and I could not see anything except for a long road and vignette around it. I tried getting up but my weak knees gave up and I fell onto the floor. I could not do this anymore. What if I lay here and spend the rest of my life here ? Not worrying about death or going back to the abandoned classroom ?

I just laid there, down in the pool of my thoughts when something wet hit my eyelashes. I looked up and saw dark clouds. I got up and was pretty much aware that I had been endulged in a nap. I started running to wherever my feet were taking me to escape from the rain but the rain only got heavier and my feet sore. I looked at my left and saw a house.

My house ?

What in the world was my house doing here ? On an abandoned road ? I had no second thought than to run inside it to seek shelter from the dangerous rain. I stood there panting on the doorstep and slightly knocked. I waited for a while but no answer. I knocked again and looked down only to be met by my shadow. Soon red eyes popped in it and I gasped and turned back in fright.

Hello dear Liza. We meet again.

I was too scared to say anything. The shadow rose to my height in full black colour. Everything was black except for the glowing red eyes. It was staring me back into the eyes and my heart was still and paralyzed. I heard a click sound presuming the door would open.

Kill the first person you see.

The shadow hissed in my ear and slowly faded away leaving me in complete shock. The door opened and I met eyes with my mother. My heart stopped beating, I could not believe my eyes, my mother was standing over there in front of me. It seemed ages since I had last seen her. I sighed and hugged her. She patted my back ans whispered,

"Welcome back sweetie. Come in." I obeyed and walked in. It was so nice to be back home. Nothing had changed. The furniture was same, the setting and my mom. She walked out holding a cup of tea, a plate with an apple and a knife. She laid it down next to me and sat with me. She pushed my hair strands back and looked at me with worry.

"Where were you ?" She whimpered as tears rolled down her eyes. I hugged her, getting all giddy and emotional. I whispered sorry in her ear and she broke the hug. She repeated her question but before I could answer, I heard the voice again,

Kill the first person you see

A lump formed in my throat and my palms started sweating, the first person was my mother. I turned around to look at the plate with apple and the knife. The knife was glowing and some how the other I was attracted towards it. My mother was still holding me in a hug and I quite could not help myself other than being pulled towards the mysterious metal. I broke the hug and looked at my mother with a sheepish smile and she wiped away her tears. She slowly got up.

"I will be back with some cookies, honey." She smiled and left. My heart was pounding really hard and I could not control my gaze on the knife. I did not want to kill my own mother but the power was pushing me. I don't know how and why it was happening, I just walked up and grabbed it.

"Having apples ?" My mother asked, taking a hint that I was holding a knife. I nodded and she laid some cookies in front of me. She had no idea of what was coming for her. I just could not take it anymore but before the second whisper of the unseen, I just had to take the action. Without a second thought, the hand raised in mid hair and ended in the stomach of my mother. I could not look, my own mother, bleeding, begging for mercy, the one who raised me, loved me and was there for me when no one else was. I just kept my eyes shut.

When I opened my eyes I looked over to see Sashaa snapping her fingers in my face. I got bewildered and then it finally snapped back. The unseen was playing with us, it was controlling our fears, our imaginations and our dreams.

The next weird thing I saw was Fizzy, she was laying pale in a corner, her eyes full of bore and bloodshot. She was in the storm with me, I could remember everything, but she was not with me after that, what could possibly be happened with her ? I walked up to her and wiped away my tears and slumped down next to her, slightly pushing her shoulder. She looked up and I could see the amount of terror hiding in her eyes. She was scared to death. I persuaded her to tell me what had happened and she finally gave in.

"I-I killed my-mother." She said, her voice empty and full of hatred. I was trying to put the pieces together, both of us went in a storm, killed our mothers and finally returned back together. "That is what I did as well." I screamed and she looked at me, frowning. Everyone turned their attention towards me.

"You what ?" They asked in unison.

"The unseen wants no revenge. It-it is just playing games with all of us. Emma got killed, by whom ? Nobody. Eva would not kill her. Fizzy would not kill her mom, neither would I kill mine. What does the unseen want ?" I screamed and the others nodded, seemed deep in thoughts. I was scared, scared to breathe, scared to live, scared to see night. That thing was controlling me and I could not do anything about it.

"And this is also weird, we don't fell hungry. Our stomach seems to be normal." Sashaa said.

"And Katy and Sia..what about them ? Will they ever wake up ?" Eva shouted clutching her hair. She was right. Everything was happening for a reason, possibly without a reason. Both of them had not woken up since that day, Bethany stays silent the whole time, Emma is dead, Fizzy and I killed our mothers, Eva seems lost in thoughts and Ashley..

"Has anybody seen Ashley ?" I suddenly panicked and everyone's face went blank. Until we heard a demonic and misty voice.

Hello guys,