23.

Liza

Emma was our last hope. Emma was our last chance. If she couldn't help us then no one could. She was the only source of us returning to home. We started running across the school, hot on heels of Eva. She guided us through the dark hallways. She knew where Emma was.

Soon enough we were infront of the door in which Emma was and Eva turned the door knob. It did not open and she stared at me in shock. She tried again and again but the door wouldn't nudge.

"What the hell ?" Sashaa shouted. It was a moment full of panic. Emma was locked in the door. All of us using our strength started to open the door but we were too weak to open it.

"Emma ! Emma ! Please open the door. I know it you are in there." Sashaa screamed banging her fists on the door. There was a window next to the door and we saw something tapping on it. While Eva and Sashaa were busy banging on the door I rushed towards the window and saw Emma helplessly tapping on the window.

"Get me out of here," she cried, "please."

I was confused to why she was so desperate to get out of the room. Emma seemed different. Not the human one I remember. She seemed almost dead. My eyes wandered across the room through the window and I saw someone. No something standing over there laughing. It seemed like a shadow. A humanly shadow. My eyes nearly fell out of their sockets and I screamed. She was after Emma. Myldia hadn't died or so was it.

Emma was pleading for help and Eva and Sashaa rushed towards me.

"Open the window." I heard her faint sobs. Eva started looking around and soon after came back with a chair. She threw the chair at the window and formed a crack but a crack not strong enough. She banged the chair again and soon enough a medium piece of glass fell out. We started pulling out all the broken pieces of glass one by one until the window was large enough for her to escape.

She started coming out but it seemed like a force would not let her come out. I knew in an instance that this was the doing of the shadow.

The moment Emma stepped foot out of the window her neck snapped and her eyes rolled back up. All of us topped doing whatever we were doing and there was a moment of silence all of us scared to what was to come. Had Emma......died ?

"No. No. No. No." I screamed. What were we going to do. We started making some movements to her body to determine whether she was alive or not and fortunately her eyes swung open but she was still moments away from her last breath.

"Remember the way we came through ?" She managed her words which came out faintly but good enough for us to swallow her words.

"Yeah." Eva whispered. It seemed like she was crying. You could tell by her tone.

"Remember that broken glass Sia picked ?" Emma struggled her words out of her mouth and all of us nodded.

"Shatter it. Break th-that gla-"

I pressed my eyes shut. This was it
We lost another friend of ours. Tears freely flowed out of my eyes and I couldn't help but tear up at the state of Emma who was once human but now was just a faint body.

"Liza lets go." Sashaa said in a sympathetic tone. Once again taking a last look on another dead body of my friend we all turned around, face stained with tears and started making our way towards home.

Atleast I hope so.

Sashaa told us she knew where we fell from. She remembered the ways and we followed her, fingers crossed. My heart was beating so loud that I could practically hear it from the chest. I was being really paranoid at the moment and my subconscious was kicking in.

What if you never get to go home ? What if Emma lied ? What if this was a hoax ? What if t-

"Liza are you alright ?" Eva turned around to ask me and I nodded oushing away my thoughts. Once we stopped at a point our gaze went towards the ceiling. The place we fell from. The dark hole was fresh as I remember.

"Look for that glass." Eva commanded and we obeyed.

I searched around and kept on looking for it until Sashaa shouted, "Here it is." I wave of relief flew over me and we gathered around her. She took a deep breath and slammed the piece of glass on the floor. I closed my eyes and heard the sound if it being shattered.

After anoter deep breath I opened my eyes and realised I was in the same classroom in which we were locked in. Eva was looking at me as if she had seen a ghost. Sashaa was dusting herself and to all of our surprise, Sia, Katy, Bethany, Fizzy, Ashley and Emma were there looking healthy, fresh and alive.

"What the- fu-what the hell ? Am I dreaming ? Was it all a dream ?" I screamed with disbelief, happiness clear in my tone and tears of joy brimming my eyes. All of them got up and we surrounded each other and engulfed in a hug.

"This was no dream. You actually survived." Emma smiled at me. A genuine smile.

"Yeah well, thanks to you and your information." Eva laughed and this was the first time I had felt so happy and alive. We walked out of the classroom and it was an ordinary day. It seemed like I hadn't seen the school ground in ages.

"Oh my god ? Where have you guys been ? The whole school had been worried sick." A girl came rushing towards us screaming and making me flinch slightly.

"Lets say we went on a little adventure." Katy giggled and all of us started laughing.

"We are so gonna get busted." Bethany laughed making all of us laugh. I was happy to have my life back. My friends back.

The end.

Hey guys I know this book was super cringey or whatever but my other book "sleepwalk" is soo much better than this. I WOULD APPRECIATE IF U READ THAT ONE. No regrets.