19.

Sia

I could not believe the words that were coming out of Eva's mouth. Did Fizzy actually die ? Did we never even get to say good-bye to each other and did I never even got to hear her last words. I felt so drained in my thoughts that I did not even care for Liza for a split second. Liza was acting absurd. She wasn't the same Liza who used to crack nonsense jokes the whole time. Everyone had changed. No one was the same.

"What the hell did you do to Liza ?" Sashaa screamed. I could see the light tears forming in her eyes that were ready to fall out. Everyone was hurt, it was not pleasant to see your bestfriend die every other day.

"I did not mean to do it. She had gone crazy." I said, tears falling out of my eyes and my tone getting a bit harsh, "she tried to kill Katy and me."

"Oh god." Eva sighed, looking down at the floor helpless. Each one of us knew there was no way out. Even if there was, we had no knowledge about it. We just stood there in the eerie atmosphere looking down at our feet, drained in our own thoughts and that is when I had it.

"Aaahhh!!" I let out an ear piercing scream, my legs getting wobbly and shaky and losing balance I fell on the floor. I tried to calculate what had happened but my mind was spinning, everything in my view was blurry, my ears had lost their power to hear. I could not comprehend anything. My head was throbbing and the pain was so intense. That was the moment when I said to myself ,so this is what death tastes like.

Eva

We were lost in our thoughts. I wanted to cry and scream and punch the wall and break things. Everyone was hating on each other. Everyone was after each others life. We are best friends for god's sake. I looked up at Sia to ask her about something when I noticed Liza getting back to her feet with a sharp knife in her hand. My eyes swelled and before I could warn Sia, Liza had lounged at her.

"OH MY GOSH !" I screamed, paralysed at the position I was standing in. I watched as Sia fell onto the floor. Liza had aimed directly at her heart from the behind and the knife stayed there. Liza smiled evilly and watched Sia crumble in pain. I ran towards Sia and tried to get the knife out of her back but it was so deep that I was afraid of pulling it out.

"You are next." Liza smiled and then in a jiffy took the knife out of Sia's back. Sia screamed and then fell back. My head was spinning and I could not even tell if she was alive or not. Liza aimed at me but I dodged. She managed to make a deep cut on my hand.

"Run !" I commanded and everyone left the scene. I was running as fast as I could. Not even bothering to look behind if Liza was following me, Katy or Sashaa. I just kept running where my feet were taking me. After a while when my feet finally gave up I fell down infront of a door. My head was spinning still but I was not dumb enough to tell that there was an eerie smell coming out of that room. A nasty smell. I squinted my eyes which only managed to show smoke which was pouring out of that door.

Sashaa

Shit was getting worse. Liza was running after Katy so I was left alone with Sia. I crouched down next to her and took a brief look at her. I had never seen her so lifeless and pale. I crossed my fingers and kept my two main fingers on her neck, just to check her pulse. The thing I was afraid of happened.

We lost her.

I started crying bitterly. Where had life taken me ? What had I done to deserve this pain. I was afraid of what would happen next. I had no parents, no siblings and slowly I was losing my friends. What if I was the only one who made it alive and was stuck here for the rest of my life with no food, no people.

I cried and looked at Sia's lifeless body. An hour ago I just looked at Fizzy like this and right now I was looking at Sia. Not to mention that Katy was in danger and Liza had gone mad. I have no idea where Bethany is. It only leaves, Eva and me. All of a sudden I felt a touch at my back.

I turned around to see a glowing shadow. I could not believe my eyes. Do miracles actually exist ? Tears started coming out of my eyes as I nervously got to my feet and ran towards the figure.

"Mother ? Is that really you ?" I cried hugging her.