Chapter Two

Anthony
Doing what you love is a wonderful thing. Seeing the smiles on people's faces and hearing them say I inspire them or my music saved their life is an even better feeling. But being on the road a lot takes a toll on ya body, not being with your family messes ya mood up. So I'm definitely thankful for this break I have even though it's only two weeks. I'm gon spend these two weeks with my family and relax my mind & body. I need a break where I can be Anthony not "August Alsina". Now don't get me wrong I love what I do and I love making my fans happy but I'm not an energizer bunny I need some breaks while I'm on the go 24/7.

Seeing my sister yesterday made me excited. I haven't seen her since last year on Christmas. Besides our family friends we used to have at the house it's always just been me and her. So I know when I told them I had to move to Atlanta, GA in order to pursue my music career I know that tore her up inside. Before I left I made a promise to her that I would always keep in contact with her, and I kept that promise. We would talk via social media, FaceTime and call each other. I am my sister's keeper & I know she's her brother's keeper. No one or nothing will break us apart. Kimbella and Anthony till the end.

Kimbella didn't have anything in her kitchen that I wanted to eat so I decided to make a dash to McDonald's and get some breakfast. The drive thru was too long so I went inside instead.

"My Lord the line in here ain't no better." I said out loud

"Ha tell me about. I'm thinking since everybody in the drive thru the line inside must not be so bad, boy was I wrong."

"They need to do better than this. I know they see all these folks in this line."

"Right. They need to do something."

As I was talking to dude he looked familiar. I wasn't trying to be creepy or nothing but dude looked real familiar. Then it dawned on me that it was my old friend from New Orleans, Luke James.

"Luke James?" He turned around and looked at me then broke out into a grin.

"Anthony Martin." He greeted as we gave each other a man hug.

"What's been going on with you man?" I asked soon as we pulled away.

"Nothing much man just chillin and singing."

"You still singing huh?"

"Yeah man that's my passion. I gotta keep doing that. That's the only way my bills are getting paid and things are being brought into my house."

"I heard that."

"Yeah. So what's been going on with you?"

"Same thing man chilling and singing."

"Oh okay. You stay in L.A?"

"Oh nah I live in Atlanta but I'm on a two week vacation. So I decided to come visit my sister and stay with her for these two weeks."

"Oh okay."

"Sir your order is ready."

"Alright thank you sweetheart. Aye Ant I'll catch up with you later on man."

"Alright Luke take it easy."

"Alright man you do the same."

Few minutes after he left my food was ready and I hopped into the car. It's nice seeing old friends that you haven't seen in a while. Last time I seen Luke we were in high school. I pulled up to Kim's house and I didn't see Tiffany's car so I guess her & James went home.

"Kim!"

"I'm in the kitchen."
I walked into the kitchen and sat my bag down on the counter.

"So you went to McDonald's and didn't bring me nothing back?"