Chapter Seven

Kimbella
"Okay Kim now you know we're having the cook out over mama's and she's expecting everybody to bring a dish including her baby doll." She rolled her eyes when she said that.

"Don't hate because big mama love her granddaughter more than she love her daughter and she gave me a nickname."

"Whatever lil girl you just make sure you're here and on time with a dish in your hand when you come over."

"Alright. What time do I need to be there?"

"Come over at 11:30 so you can help us finish the food and put everything out. And is your friend still coming?"

"Yes ma'am I told him last Friday and he said he'll come. After I get done helping y'all I'll tell him what time to come and I'll send him the address."

"Okay I gotta go finish cooking I'll see you later. I love you."

"Alright ma I love you too."

Today is the day for our family cookout and I am so excited to see everybody. I haven't seen some of my aunts, uncles & cousins since last year so I'm very excited to see them. Since it takes me forever to finish cooking I'll start on my food now hopefully I'll finish early since I started early. Before I got everything out to cook, I went over to the kitchen table where my iPad was and went to pandora. I cannot cook unless I have my music playing in the background. I went to my Tyrese station and my favorite song "Sweet Lady" started playing.

I got all the things out for my pasta salad and my seven up cake. Mama did say bring a dish, she just didn't say what dish to bring. After I finished my dishes, I went and did my hygiene routine and then I put my clothes on. I went back to the bathroom and comb my hair and did my makeup. Then I posted a pic on Instagram.

@Kims_bella
💞🌸|family cookout today

I put my purse, jacket and bag of clothes for tonight in the living room. I took the bowl of pasta salad and seven up cake and put them in my car. I made sure everything was off upstairs and double checked my oven.

After I made sure everything was off I grabbed my things and went to my car so I could head to my grandma's house. Before I got on the road I texted Luke and told him what time to come to the house and I sent him the address to my grandma's house. I stopped by the gas station and got some gas and then I went to my grandma's house.

Soon as I pull up I hear the music playing loud and clear which means big mama is up, cooking and yelling directions at everybody.

"Hey hey hey. What y'all got going on in here?"

"Hey baby doll I'm glad you made it. Put that purse down, grab an apron and go finish cooking my greens. Gon na and get in the kitchen." She said pushing me towards the kitchen.

See what I mean no hug, no kiss on the cheek, no real hey no nothing just straight to the kitchen and finish cooking her greens.

"Hey baby, mama got you cooking too?" My mama asked.

"Yes no greet or nothing just pushed me towards the kitchen and told me to finish cooking her greens." I said pouting.

"That's mama for you." Mama said laughing and shaking her head.

We all started cooking, laughing, talking and moving our hips to the music that was playing in the background.

"Bella that's a cute dress. Where did you get it from?" My auntie Kelly asked.

"Thanks auntie I got it from my boutique."

"Oooh girl that's cute and I need to visit your store before I leave."