Chapter Twenty Two

Keith
Last night I slept out here on the couch. I knew Hailey wasn't letting me in the room any time soon and I didn't want to go in the guest bedroom. I wanted to apologize to her face to face to tell her how sorry I was but she hasn't came out of the room.

I sat up on the couch with my head hung low and my hands together. When I heard the door slowly open I lifted my head up to see Hailey dressed and headed towards the door.

"Hailey can we talk?"

"I can't right now. I have to go Kim's shop she needs some extra help."

"Well can I meet you somewhere?"

"I have a lot of errands to run so I don't think that'll be a good idea."

"Well baby when can we talk?" I asked desperately.

Hailey stood there for a moment. I know she wasn't trying to let me see her cry but I could tell that the waterworks were going to come whether she wanted them to or not. After she stood there she walked out of the door with her head held high trying so hard to be strong.

Not getting an answer or anything I just stood there looking so helpless and depressed. I sat down on the couch and in the position I was in before this time time my head was held up and my hands were in a praying position near my mouth.

"I need to fix my marriage and I need to fix it asap before it's damaged completely."

I thought to myself but little did I know it might be a little too late.

Hailey
"Divas!!!" I said as I walked up in the shop.

"Hai-bear! Hi boo, how are you? I missed you." Kimbella ran to me and hugged me.

"Hi babe I missed you too and sorry I didn't make it to the get together James had for you and Luke. Something came up."

"Aw it's alright boo. Trust me that's not the last get together we'll have."

"So are y'all done planning for the wedding yet?"

"Not yet we're still planning. You know everything has to be perfect for my big day. So I'm taking my extra sweet time."

"Yesss girl take yo time it's your special day."

"Thank you boo. See I've been trying to tell James and now he's got Luke head filled up with putting me on a budget."

"A budget?"

"Yes girl a budget."

"Girl Luke better fall back you're planning it so you can spend however much money you want to spend. The only time he needs to lean forward is to swipe that card, cash that check and spend them dollars."

"See this is why you're my bih you understand me." Kimbella said giving me a hi five.

"Yesss." I laughed

We continued to catch up some more and while James went out to go get lunch Kimbella locked the door, closed the blinds and put a sign on the door that said on lunch break and told me to follow her to her office.

"Wassup?"

Kimbella stood in front of her desk and sighed.

"Hailey we haven't been friends for a long time but we've been friends long enough for me to know when something is wrong. So what's up?"

"Kim what are you talking about I'm good everything is good." I said trying to fake a smile.

Kimbella looked at me sympathetically.

"No it's not Hailey. You wanna know how I know? Because I used to fake that same smile on my face when I was dating my ex boyfriend back in Houston. So Hailey whatever it is please just tell me. I am your friend and I will help you to the best of my ability."